- 4 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Communal Pool
- Deadbolt Lock On Entryway
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dining Room
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Emergency Exit Route
- Fire Extinguisher
- First Aid Kit
- Hot Tub
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Not Suitable For Children
- Outdoor Lighting
- Pets Not Allowed
- Smoke Detectors
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyHumble by the Sea-“Humble By The Sea” is a enchanting traditional style beach bungalow located in the West Beach area of Oak Island. It has gorgeous wood floors everywhere and wood paneling on the walls both of which give the home a very peaceful ambiance. Rest and enjoyment awaits you on the covered oceanfront porch with rocker and cute vistas. When it s time to relax inside, the children can stay busy with a selection of movies and games. The ground level offers covered parking and two enclosed hot/cold outdoor showers with changing area. All rooms are located on the main level and include a kitchen and living room in the main living area, two full bathrooms and four bedrooms. Each bedroom has a queen size bed and there are two twin roll-away beds if needed. Wireless Internet | 5 TVs (all flat screen) | HD Cable w/On Demand in Living Room | ROKU in Bedrooms | DVD | Digital Telephone | audio system w/ CD | Bluetooth Sound Bar
Money Saving Strategies
- Many property owners and vacation rental houses supply Carolina Beach area vacation discount magazines which feature money-saving deals, either offered individually by local companies, or through a relationship between the property manager and the business itself. Be on the lookout for these catalogs and coupon books, since this allows visitors to enjoy the same fantastic activities with a quite often substantial discounted.
- Are you able to alter your trip dates? The off-peak seasons typically offer fantastic rates on rental accommodations.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Armed forces may be eligible for special discounts. Make sure to check with property management company to see if your travelling crew qualifies for a rate reduction.
- Some homes are primarily designed for particular groups of vacationers. Event homes are great for weddings, wedding receptions and corporate meetings. Some homes cater to wildlife enthusiasts. Other homes are positioned close to nightlife. If there's a specific Carolina Beach activity that you love, look for rentals that cater especially to your needs.
- Management companies and individual home owners often offer guests an option to buy trip insurance coverage. Trip insurance, which generally add anywhere between 1% - 5% of the base vacation rental rate, provides travellers reimbursement of their rental costs for any nights missed due to health-related emergencies or storms, in addition to ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unplanned hotel room stay or extra gas. Trip insurance might just be a bank account-saver if the unforseen happens .
The Rental Process
Newcomers are oftentimes surprised at the number and wide variety of weekly rentals available in the Carolina Beach area. With such a big selection, renters are sure to locate a rental home that suits their desires and price range.
Vacation homes are usually owner operated or managed by rental management companies. Vacation home management companies leverage scale, technology and working experience to provide convenient operational administration on behalf of the owner..
Seasoned Carolina Beach vacationers have figured out a number of tips and tricks over the years when it comes to renting rentals, however most beginners will be happy to discover that many of these "methods" are in plain sight, if you recognize where to search.
Finding and reserving the right rental:
Do you think "Charming, Oceanfront Beach Cottage with 4 BR/2 BA-Just You and the BEACH-Sleeps8" is the perfect vacation property for your next trip? Look over this checklist to ensure it fits all of your preferences.
Begin Your Search Early
Like many desirable vacation spots, In Carolina Beach the best rental homes are booked early. Booking your vacation property 6-12 months before your travel dates is recommended, when possible. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to find and book your vacation rental home..
Find your Spot and Choose Dates
Quite often, the most challenging part of preparing for your trip is choosing where to search, and when. As soon as the big decisions are resolved, everything else will be simpler.
How Many Bedrooms?
Confirm who is attending the vacation, and how many/what sort of bedroom arrangement you need to have. Be aware that many rental homes advertise maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in the family room. It is important to figure out what is suitable for the family. Specific descriptions of bedrooms and beds are commonly available on the internet. Otherwise, contact the property owner before you reserve the home.
Establish Your Budget
Confirm that "Charming, Oceanfront Beach Cottage with 4 BR/2 BA-Just You and the BEACH-Sleeps8" satisfies your budget *during your desired week*. If many groups or relatives are sharing the cost, make sure each party knows their responsibility and has agreed to a maximum they are prepared to contribute. A single member of your family will need to be responsible for getting repayments and agreeing to responsibility for the entire rental price at time of booking.
Make a List of "Wants" and "Needs"
What amenities is your family trying to find? Is a screened deck a requirement? Do you want to be far from the crowds, or near civilization? Will the home have bikes and beach toys available during your stay? Create a list of priority amenities to help filter your search.
Do some people in your party have special needs? If wheel chair entry, elevators, pool lifts or other special equipment is necessary, include that into your search. Nearly all vacation home listings include a list of amenities.
Your Dog Deserves a Holiday, Too
Be sure to include your best friend! Pets are welcome at many rentals, but policies differ. Type of pet, size and breeds can be restricted. You'll want to read agreements and contracts carefully. Additional fees or deposits may be applied to your agreement. Ask questions *prior to* you reserve!
Start the Search
When the area, dates and people are decided, search multiple sources for the greatest rental home selection. Together with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Carolina Beach local rental properties" for local rental management companies. Local property management companies take pride in a top-quality rental experience.
Negotiate the Price
Re-read the description to be sure the rental has everything that you need. If it is something is missing, the vacation rental management company may know of similar homes that better fit your style and budget..
Some property owners will negotiate prices, and some won't. If they are unwilling to budge on a peak-season trip, try asking for an additional night. Your easiest opportunity for a lower rate is switching to a less desirable week.
Study the Agreement
Read through the complete agreement and be certain you are aware who is responsible for:
- Power bills
- Long Distance Phone Service
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning Service
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking requirements
In addition to the standard rate, vacationers have to pay local taxes when booking "Charming, Oceanfront Beach Cottage with 4 BR/2 BA-Just You and the BEACH-Sleeps8", as well as any other additional fees which might be required depending on their situation, including a dog fee, earlier check-in or late check-out fee, or a pool heater fee for private pool usage during the fall or spring months.
Cancellation policies are different with each vacation rental. You'll probably be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance, which ordinarily costs ranges from 1% - 5% of the standard vacation rental rate, provides travellers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental costs) for any nights missed as a result of personal health emergencies or weather, and additionally hurricane evacuation expenses, such as a unanticipated motel stay or additional gas.
Complete the Reservation
When everything looks correct, it's finally time for you to sign on the dotted line. Remember that most rental agreements require a considerable rental deposit and/or security deposit to protect the vacation home owner.
Keep Your Property Manager's Information
Put the rental manager's contact information into your smartphone and wallet for convenient access to answers throughout your trip.
Good job on reserving your rental! You're on the way to a fantastic vacation!
During your Stay
- Photograph on your arrival. To ensure no damages are associated with your visit, make a record of any problem areas of the property. Call the property manager immediately to report your observations. This can prevent disagreements during check out.
- Should there be any ambiguity about vehicle parking, rules of the house, condo access, swimming pool operations, etc... we recommend you ask the rental manager immediately. A phone call can save hours of hassle.
- Make sure to be a good neighbor. More often than not, neighboring properties are filled by permanent residents. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by vacationers next to your primary residence.
- Ask a local. Local residences may point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to get the best nachos, have a great night out, or the best areas for shopping?
- Don't forget to protect the rental owner (and your things!) by keeping the rental locked up while you are away, exactly like you would at home.
Check Out Time
- Make sure that you've packed everything. Inspect drawers, bath cabinetry and closets.
- Make sure to walk through the rental one last time and check for damage. We advise walking through with the rental manager whenever possible (this may not be possible).. If the property owner is not available, ensure that you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you enjoy your rental home? Most rental home sites ask for comments after your stay is complete. Owners and property managers will thank you for glowing reviews. If anything went wrong, we recommend being pleasant but sincere with regards to stay. The best owners and managers will work very hard to correct the situation.
Learn and Improve
Hold a debrief with the members of your group. Did they like the rental home? We hope this guide helped you find a great vacation rental. If not, you have gained useful experience to aid with your next search.
- Island Way - 1.2 miles
- Tommy Thompsonâ€™s Grille - 2.5 miles
- Fish House Restaurant at Blue Water Point Motel & Marina - 2.6 miles
- Pepperoni Grill - 2.8 miles
- Bar-B-Que House - 3.1 miles
- Russellâ€™s Place Restaurant - 3.5 miles
- Oak Island Subs and Salads - 3.5 miles
- Beanaâ€™s Kitchen - 3.5 miles
- Mr. Beach Rentals - 0.4 miles
- Oak Island Fishing Charters - 0.6 miles
- Ocean Crest Pier - 0.7 miles
- Privateer Charters - 1.9 miles
- Environmental Overlook Trail - 2.1 miles
- Blue Water Point Motel and Marina Resort - 2.6 miles
- Fish House Restaurant at Blue Water Point Motel & Marina - 2.6 miles
- Fugitive Fishin Charters - 2.6 miles