- Bald Head Island
- 4 Bedrooms
- 4.5 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Away From It All
- Baby Gate
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Communal Pool
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Ice Maker
- Iron & Board
- Kayak / Canoe
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Grill
- Pets Considered
- Satellite / Cable
- Sports & Activities
- Towels Provided
- Video Library
- Washing Machine
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyWonderful home located on the marsh with amazing vistas of wildlife and acres of marshland viewable from the living room or outdoor space. Excellent vistas of Bald Head Creek all the way to Cape Fear River. Deep water creek for your boating access ease. Relish kayaking, canoeing, fishing, and crabbing with the children right off the private neighborhood dock connected to the home by a boardwalk. The home includes an referbished kitchen with stainless steel appliances, wine refrigerator and granite counter tops. New en suite bathroom for 2015! New enlargened outdoor space (2016) facing the marsh with wrought iron table, 6 chairs and umbrella. New wood floor installed all through the home in 2018.
A tandem kayak and 2 individual kayaks are available to kayak on the marsh directly behind the home.
It's an simple walk to the marina, eateries and Old Baldy. The grocery store is a speedy drive by golf cart. Several beaches are comfortably accessible by golf cart. Tennis, golf and swimming pool are available with a Bald Head Island Club membership. (Separate fee charged by BHI club)
House includes 2 golf carts
(1) 6 passenger golf cart
(1) 2 passenger golf cart
Bald Head Island Club Membership available as a separate buy.
The home rents Saturday to Saturday during peak season.
Please note: Fireplace in the living room is for decorative purposes only.
Money Saving Strategies
- Search for the official tourism bureau where you want to travel. Most established tourism bureaus supply guide books with special packages for vacation rentals, restaurants and tours. Look for these guides and coupon books, since this allows travelers to experience the very same attractions with a often significantly discounted.
- Willing to modify your trip dates? Off-peak times provide substantive markdowns.
- Active Duty and veterans of the U.S. Armed forces may be able to get price reductions. Be sure to ask property manager to see if your visiting group is eligible for a special offer.
- Some properties are particularly designed for specific types of vacationers. Event homes are best for weddings, receptions and corporate meetings. Some rentals appeal to wildlife enthusiasts. Other properties are situated close to nightlife. Make sure that you prioritize your proximity to the activities and sight-seeing opportunities you are most interested in.
- Consider investing in trip insurance with your rental agreement. Trip insurance, which usually will cost you somewhere between 1% - 5% of the basic stay cost, offers buyers reimbursement of their travel costs for any nights missed a result of medical related emergencies or hurricanes, and additionally ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, like an unforeseen hotel stay or extra gas. Trip insurance is definitely a bank account-saver if the unforseen occurs .
How to Book a Rental Home
You might be shocked to learn just how many rental homes are available at your destination. With such a big selection, clients are certain to find a rental home which matches their expectations and budget.
The majority of vacation homes in Carolina Beach are privately operated and many are represented by established local property management companies. Property management companies leverage scale, equipment and practical knowledge to provide hassle-free operational management on behalf of the owner..
Here are some ideas and strategies to help you understand the rental search and booking process.
Searching for and booking the best vacation property:
Before you book " Lighthouse Landing #11 includes 3 Kayaks and 2 golf carts!", review our short list of things to consider.
The Earlier, The Better
Like many renowned hot spots, In Carolina Beach the best rental homes are booked early. Booking your rental 6-12 months before your travel dates is recommended, whenever possible. Many families choose to start their search over Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year gatherings.
Select a Village and Time
Oftentimes, the toughest part of scheduling your vacation is deciding where to search, and when. As soon as the big decisions are hammered out, the rest is more straightforward.
Bedrooms and Bed Sizes Matter
Keep a list of attendees. How many beds and bedrooms will you be needing? Remember that most rentals list maximum guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds in the home's living room. You'll need to determine what is suitable for the party. Generally rental home listings will outline each one of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattress sizes.
What Exactly Are You Prepared to Pay?
Make certain " Lighthouse Landing #11 includes 3 Kayaks and 2 golf carts!" satisfies your budget *during your desired week*. If a few individuals or family members are sharing the cost, ensure each group knows their responsibilities and has agreed to a maximum they are willing to pay. Most rental documents require a single individual to be liable for the entire reservation.
Let's Talk Amenities
What home features is the family interested in? Do you simply want a vacation home with a swimming pool, hot tub or beach volleyball court? Will the property need to be beach front, in the downtown area, or in close proximity to wildlife? Are extras like beach chairs, grills, beach umbrellas, carts or coolers at your disposal and included in your rental payment? Make a list of priority amenities to help narrow your search.
Accessibility and Special Concerns
Oftentimes the elder generation has challenges with staircases. Ensure that you remember and inquire about wheel chair entry, pool lifts and specialized equipment requirements..
Take the Dog
Be sure to include your companion! Pet policies are different at each rental property. Study descriptions carefully. Many restrictions might dismiss a prospective rental. Make sure to read descriptions and contracts carefully. Additional fees or deposits may be applied to your agreement. When in doubt, ask the property owner and get it in writing.
Best places to Search
. In addition to Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Carolina Beach local rental properties" for local rental home management companies. Local companies usually have a unique assortment of rental properties daily and weekly.
When you have spotted your dream rental, make sure your travel dates are available.
Although not true for all rental homes, many owners and property managers will make a deal on rates. If the rate isn't negotiable, the number of nights may be. This is most effective through the off-season when many rentals sit vacant.
Read the Entire Agreement
Read through the complete contract and make sure you are aware who is responsible for:
- Power bills
- Internet Connectivity
- Long Distance Phone Service
- Hot Tub Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning services and housekeeping
- Trash collection
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Key exchange
- Parking Space
Get a total that incorporates state taxes, pet and other extra fees.
Be sure to be aware of the cancellation policy prior to booking. Many rental home contracts include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance safeguards the renter against emergency situations and weather events, It gives comfort should disaster strike.
Complete the Reservation
When everything seems correct, it's finally time to sign a rental agreement. You will probably have to submit a security deposit at time of reservation.
Get Contact Info
Put the rental manager's contact information into your cell phone and wallet for quick access to answers during your visit.
Congrats on reserving your rental home! You're on the way to a fabulous vacation!
During your Stay
- Photograph at your arrival. To ensure that no damages are linked to your visit, create a record of any trouble spots of the rental. We also advise immediately getting in touch with the property manager with a report of any damage, along with your request for any critical fixes. This may protect against conflicts during check out.
- If there is any ambiguity about vehicle parking, policies of the house, house access, pool operation, etc... we recommend you ask the rental home manager promptly. A phone call can save hours of hassle.
- Don't forget to respect your nearby neighbors. . Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by vacationers next to your primary residence.
- Ask a local. Local people are a fantastic source of advice. Who better to ask where to order the best chicken wings, have a great night out, or the best places for wildlife?
- Ensure you protect the property owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the vacation home secured while you are away, exactly like you would in your own home.
- Double-check each room of the rental to be sure you've gathered all belongings.
- Make sure to walk through the rental home one last time and check for damage. If you can, do this walk-out assessment with the property manager present. If the property manager is not available, be sure to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How do you feel about your stay? Many rental management company web sites ask for testimonials after your stay is complete. Owners and property managers will thank you for glowing critiques. If anything went wrong, we recommend being pleasant but honest about your experience. Top property owners and managers will try hard to correct the problem.
Learn and Improve
Hold a vacation recap meeting with your family. How did they feel about the vacation rental? Hopefully this guide steered you to a terrific rental home. Maybe the rental home was not quite right, and you will better know how to improve your search for the next vacation.
- MoJoâ€™s on the Harbor - 0.4 miles
- Delphina Cantina - 0.4 miles
- Pelicatessen - 0.7 miles
- The Grille At Bald Head Island Club - 0.8 miles
- Mikeâ€™s Bites - 2.5 miles
- Shoals Watch Club - 2.9 miles
- Cape Fear Restaurant - 3.4 miles
- Frying Pan - 3.4 miles
- Bald Head Woods - 2.5 miles
- Oak Island Lighthouse - 2.6 miles
- Southport Waterfront Park - 3.4 miles
- Southport Marsh Walk - 3.6 miles
- Bald Head Historic Island Tours - 0.2 miles
- Smith Island Museum - 0.2 miles
- Bald Head Island Lighthouse - 0.2 miles
- The Sail Shop Tours - 0.3 miles