- 16 Bedrooms
- 17.5 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deadbolt Lock On Entryway
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Emergency Exit Route
- Fire Extinguisher
- First Aid Kit
- Game Room
- Heated Pool
- Ice Maker
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Furniture
- Outdoor Lighting
- Outdoor Pool
- Pets Not Allowed
- Private Chef
- Private Pool
- Satellite / Cable
- Smoke Detectors
- Video Library
- Washing Machine
- Wheelchair Accessible
- Wireless Internet
About this Property($88-232/room/nighttime/7 nights + costs) *See below for check-in/out requirements*
Are you looking for your own island hideaway? Do you long to feel those balmy evening sea winds? Needs space for the whole family? If so, experience Southern Charm Beach Style!
Cant find your dates? I also own: Southern Grace: homeaway.com/4038010
A generous beach home rental to fit the whole family. A unique outdoor design underneath the home that integrates the pool, Tiki bar, and under the home, covering you if any weather problems or just want shade. It is one of the biggest shorefront units on the east coast. A private unit in a gated community, it is located on a twenty-two acre wildlife preserve at the tip of the island. Here, you can converse with nature, watch deer, fox, and rabbits in their natural habitat, all the while savoring a spectacular three hundred and sixty degree view of the beach and the Shallotte inlet. You can even see as far as Sea Isle Beach and the Intracoastal Waterway.
The home itself is, for lack of a better word, spectacular. It will sleep up to 50 visitors in one of its 16 sizable, well-appointed bedrooms. It includes two upsized suites along with 5 other bedrooms supplied with king size beds. There are seven bedrooms decorated with both a combination of queen beds as well as queen and single configurations. Let the children adore their midnight pillow fights in one of the two bunk rooms, outfitted with both double and triple bunk beds. One bedroom is also HANDICAP accessible with a handicap bathroom. The home’s 17 bathrooms guarantee that no one ever has to wait before they grab their shower. In addition, the convenient elevator gives those tired knees a rest from all that beach volleyball.
There are two humongous living spaces on each floor plus a secondary living room on the first floor. You’ll find yourself spending tons of time in the beautiful over-sized great room. It includes windows on three sides of the home that serve to bring the outdoor in. There’s also a separate movie/game room including a sizable HDTV, game table and foosball table. Speaking of TV’s, you’ll think that you are in Command Central. There are a total of 19 T.V.s all over the home. Extensive TVs are installed in the common areas with smaller sets in each of the bedrooms. Premium cable service is supplied by CCTV. If you want to catch a late nighttime flick, choose from a collection of over 30 famed titles to play on the supplied DVD players. If you want to surf the internet, or perhaps just catch up on a little late nighttime work, a blazing 300 Mbps of WI-FI access is available.
The upstairs movie/game room has a kitchenette (sink, microwave, drink refrigerator) and is a great hangout for the children or to hold a breakout session with your church or club members. But when it’s time to very showcase your culinary skills preparing all that freshly caught seafood, you’re going to want to pull out all the stops and put the additional-huge kitchen to work. The three fridges units keep everything new and cool while the 10-burner cooktop, 3 ovens and two microwaves let you try out your latest recipes.
You can bask in the sunshine beside the sizable private pool, which can be heated when those nights get chilly (additional fee). With the beach having an east/west orientation, you get to see the sunrise and sunset and not loose the sun at the pool in the afternoon. When you’re tired of working on that tan, you can pull your chair over to the covered area on the generous pool outdoor space. This will get you out of the sun but still accept you to keep an eye on the children in the pool. After the sun goes down, it’s time to grab a drink at the Tiki Bar. Or challenge someone to a game of corn hole, shuffle board, b-ball, ring toss, etc. This area is well designed for enormous group gatherings and the presence of two gas grilles make food preparation simple for any type of event.
There are two full service laundry rooms supplied with washers and dryers, to make it painless to get all that sand out of your swimsuits, and if you’re worried about having too many on your guest list, there’s parking available for up to 26 cars (there is no on street parking allowed).
Tired of those reverse floor plans with all the walking up and down? Have the common area integrated with the outdoor/pool area for better outdoor use and flow. Kitchen and great room on the elevated first floor with outdoor space stairs to pool.
As you sit and relax, watching the sand and surf, from one of the double level decks on each side of the home, you see why Holden Beach has been nationally recognized as one of the premier “Family Beaches in the USA.” You will also make a mental note to return and experience ‘Southern Charm’ as often as you can. Just right for your family holiday, reunion, church getaway or event. All this for less than what a elegant hotel would charge on a per room, per nighttime basis! With the 8000 s.f. of space, private pool, and sea right in front of you thrown in! Whether you need a 13, 14 or 15 bedrooms or more, ‘Southern Charm’ has it all.
*IMPORTANT check-in/out requirements and pricing*:
Sunday to Sunday rental during summer season (great so you don't hit the typical Saturday rental turnover traffic). Other check-in days okay outdoor of the summer.
3-day weekend pricing is Thursday to Sunday. Add 4th nighttime for $500. Any Friday to Monday bookings will be adjusted to the Thursday to Sunday rate. All midweek bookings must have a checkout date Thursday or before or pay the weekend pricing.
Special prices for Church groups November through March.
Weddings are welcome! $1,000 wedding fee.
Prices good until December 2021.
Cant find your dates? I also own: Southern Grace: homeaway.com/4038010
How to Save Money on Your Rental
- Many management companies and rental houses supply Carolina Beach area discount catalogs which feature offers, either offered independently by merchants, or by a relationship between the management company and the itself. These guides provide a good start to your rental search.
- Prefer to avoid the packed areas and save some money? Shoulder seasons offer amazing opportunities.
- Are you a military veteran? Many vacation rental companies offer concessions to vets and active-duty military. Be sure to check with property manager to see if your visiting crew is eligible for a discount.
- Some vacation rentals are basically catered to particular customers, whether it's beachfront homes with fishing pier passes, city-center condos with close access to shopping or waterfront homes that feature private jetski launching areas. Make sure to prioritize your proximity to the adventures and sight-seeing opportunities you are most interested in.
- Property management companies and individual rental owners typically offer customers an option to buy trip insurance coverage. Trip insurance, which usually add somewhere between 1% - 5% of the basic term cost, provides vacationers reimbursement of their vacation expenses for any nights missed a result of medical emergencies or hurricanes, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, like an unexpected hotel stay or additional gas.
The Rental Process
You may be pleasantly surprised to learn how many properties are available at your destination. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of properties available makes it possible to find an suitable retreat to fit their Carolina Beach group, from peaceful condominiums to massive event homes with several bedrooms.
The majority of rentals in Carolina Beach are privately operated and many are represented by experienced local property management agencies. Vacation home management companies leverage scale, staff and practical knowledge to provide convenient operational management on behalf of the property owner..
We have put together a brief guide to assist you in getting most out of your rental experience.
Searching for and booking the perfect rental property:
Before you decide to book "16 Bedroom/17 Bath, Sleeps 50 OCEANFRONT with pool/elevator! 1355 Ocean Blvd W.", review our brief list of issues to consider.
Begin Your Search Early
Like many trendy vacation spots, In Carolina Beach the best rentals are booked very early. To get the best selection, begin your planning and search 6-Twelve months before your trip. Holiday gatherings can be a great time for families to plot their Summer escapes..
Find your Spot and Choose Dates
Quite often, the hardest part of organizing your vacation is choosing where to search, and when. As soon as the big decisions are hammered out, the rest will be simpler.
How Much Rental Do You Actually Need?
Determine who is traveling, and how many/what kind of bedroom arrangement you should have. Remember that a lot of properties list maximum guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds in the living room space. It is important to figure out what is most appropriate for your family. Most rental home listings will describe each of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattresses.
Establish Your Budget
Many vacation rentals are presented with a cost range. Confirm the rate for your chosen stay. It could be at the high end of the range. Be sure to get cost-sharing commitments from loved ones before reserving an expensive rental. A single individual in your company needs to be given the task of gathering repayments and acknowledging responsibility for the complete rental payment at time of booking.
Compose a list of "Preferences" and "Necessities"
What home features is your family searching for? Do you primarily desire a vacation rental with a pool, spa tub or beach volleyball court? Do you want to be far from the crowds, or near a city setting? Will the property have bikes and beach toys for use throughout your stay? Build a list of priority features to help filter your search.
Accessibility and Special Issues to consider
Grandpa and Grandma will thank you for not reserving a stairs-only property on the Third floor. If wheel chair accessibility, elevators, pool lifts or other special devices are required, factor that into your search. Almost all rental home listings will include a list of amenities.
Take the Dog
Are you or other individuals in the gang traveling with a family dog? Although a number of rental homes permit dogs, guidelines and fees vary per rental. Type of pet, size and breeds could be restricted. Be sure to read descriptions and contracts carefully. Extra fees or deposits may be applied to your agreement.
Its Time to Search
After the place, dates and attendees are decided, search multiple sources to get the best rental home selection. In combination with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Carolina Beach local rental properties" for local vacation home management companies. Local vacation home management companies proudly offer a first-class rental experience.
Negotiate the Price
Re-read the description to make sure the rental has everything that you need. If lacking, the rental home management company might know of similar homes that better suit your style and budget..
While not true for all properties, many property owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If the rate isn't negotiable, the number of nights might be. Your best prospects for a lower rate is switching to an off-season week.
Read Through The Contract
Read through the full contract and make certain you understand who is liable for:
- Power bills
- Internet Connectivity
- Phone service
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Daily Cleaning (If Available)
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance policies
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Fees
Get a total that incorporates taxes, pet and other additional fees.
Be sure to be aware of the cancellation policy prior to booking. Vacation home management companies and rental owners typically offer their guests the option to buy trip insurance. Trip insurance, which usually costs ranges from 1% - 5% of the base rental home price, provides vacationers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental costs) for any nights missed as a consequence of personal medical emergencies or weather, and additionally hurricane evacuation costs, such as a unanticipated hotel stay or extra gas.
Complete the Booking
After you feel you've found "the one", start the booking process. Keep in mind that most rental contracts will require a considerable rental down payment and/or security deposit to safeguard the vacation rental owner.
Keep Your Contact's Information
Make sure you get the manager's contact phone number and entry/exit procedures for your rental property. We recommend keeping the contact's details in your cell phone and wallet.
Good luck on reserving your rental! You're on the way to a fantastic vacation!
During your Stay
- To assure no damages are associated with your visit, create a record of any problem areas of the property. We also suggest immediately getting in touch with the rental manager with a report of any problems, together with your request for any fixes. If there is a difference of opinion about legal liability later, having the documented problems and communication attempts will probably be incredibly helpful.
- Ask questions. You might need instructions for a fireplace, TV or spa tub. Call your home manager. They are there to help. A quick phone call helps prevent many problems.
- Be respectful of the community. Locals will probably be as friendly to you as you are considerate of them. Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking regulations can make a vacation substantially more enjoyable.
- Ask a local. Local people are a great source of recommendations. Who better to ask where to get the best chicken wings, have a great night out, or the best spots for night life?
- Enjoy your stay! Make sure you protect the rental owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the vacation home secured while you are away, just like you would at home.
- Tidy up a lttle bit. Although you're paying a housekeeping fee, The property should really be in good shape. Sinks filled with dirty dishes, surplus beach sand on the floors and sticky messes should be remedied before you leave.
- Be sure to walk through the rental home one final time and look for damages. If it is possible, do this walk-out inspection with the property owner present. If the property owner is not available, be sure to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you have a good time? Just about all property management companies and rental home sites permit renters to provide comments. If your property and/or property manager was terrific, they will appreciate your positive reviews. If something went wrong, we suggest being kind but honest about your experience. Top property owners and managers will work very hard to fix the problem.
Use Your Experience
Hold a debrief with your family. Did they love their rental? Hopefully this guide helped you find a terrific rental home. If not, you've acquired useful rental search experience to aid with your next search.
- The Purple Onion Cafe - 5.0 miles
- Inlet View Bar & Grill - 0.8 miles
- The View At Brick Landing Plantation - 1.5 miles
- The Breakers Arcade - 3.5 miles
- Drift - 3.5 miles
- Jinks Creek Waterfront Grille - 3.7 miles
- Causeway Gourmet - 3.7 miles
- Sugar Shack - 3.9 miles
- N.C. Dept Of Agricultue - 4.2 miles
- Brick Landing Plantation Golf Club - 1.5 miles
- Carolina School of Surf - 3.4 miles
- The Breakers Arcade - 3.5 miles
- Museum of Coastal Carolina - 3.5 miles
- Ingram Planetarium - 3.5 miles
- Museum of Coastal Carlina - 3.5 miles
- Ocean Isle Beach Pier - 3.6 miles
- Eagles Beachwear - 3.7 miles