- 5 Bedrooms
- 4.5 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deadbolt Lock On Entryway
- Dining Room
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Emergency Exit Route
- Fire Extinguisher
- First Aid Kit
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Lawn / Garden
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Lighting
- Pantry Items
- Pets Not Allowed
- Satellite / Cable
- Smoke Detectors
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Water Sports Gear
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyLife is good from the front porches of the Cape Fear House. Those porches offer a dazzling view of the Cape Fear River, from which its original builder, Thomas Mann Thompson, ventured out to run the Union blockade more than 150 years ago. He constructed the home out of local longleaf pine and the original wood remains one of the luxuries of this alluring home. Updated in 2015, our 4200 sq. Ft. home includes original heart pine floor, double front porches, 5 generous bedrooms sleeping up to 13 people, 3 1/2 baths, den, living room, dining room seating for 10-13, and kitchen. The Cape Fear House offers visitors a unique combination of exceptional accommodations, remarkable appreciation to local stores and eateries and magnificent vistas of the Southport waterfront that make this home a holiday place not soon forgotten.
Located on the riverfront in Southport, the day starts and ends on the front porches. Sunrise over the Cape Fear River is peerless delighted with a cup of coffee watching the ibis leaving Battery Island and flying inland to spend the day. You very can hear the rush of the wind over their wings as they travel overhead. Our home is within laid-back walking distance of very fine eateries, antique stores, art galleries and historic sites located in Southport. We are 20 min. by car from the public beaches on Oak Island. In the evening, savor a glass of wine while you listen once again to the ibis overhead returning to their nests out in the river and perhaps spot dolphin out in the water. If you are lucky enough to see a full moon rising low over the river, go to the second-story front porch and notice how the moon silhouettes the islands. No matter what you have done for the day, a visit to the beach, shopping, paddling the marsh or easily a appealing walk around town, it is the view from the front porch to which you will return again and again.
- Many management companies and rental properties provide Carolina Beach area travel magazines which feature coupons, either offered individually by merchants, or utilizing a relationship between the property manager and the local merchant itself. These guides can provide a great start to your rental home search.
- Wish to avoid the crowds? The off-peak shoulder seasons generally offer terrific rates on weekly rental properties.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Armed forces may be able to get discount rates. Be sure to confirm with property owner to see if your vacationing group is eligible for a special offer.
- Some rental properties are basically catered to specific guests, whether it's oceanside homes with fishing pier passes, city-center homes with nearby access to night life or waterfront homes that feature private kiteboarding launching areas. If there's a particular Carolina Beach activity that you just love, keep an eye out for rental properties that cater especially to your needs.
- Consider purchasing trip insurance along with your rental agreement. Trip insurance, which generally add somewhere between 1% - 5% of the basic rental price, offers travellers reimbursement of their rental expenses for any missed as a consequence of personal health related emergencies or hurricanes, as well as ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, like an unforeseen hotel room stay or additional gas. Trip insurance can be a bank account-saver if the unforseen occurs .
The Rental Process
You might be shocked to discover how many properties are available at your destination. Rental home accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of essential research sites like Tripadvisor and VRBO.
The majority of rentals in Carolina Beach are privately owned and many are represented by experienced local property management agencies. Vacation home management companies leverage scale, equipment and working experience to provide trouble-free operational management on behalf of the property owner..
Here are some ideas and methods to help you navigate the rental home search and reservation process.
How to find and book a great rental home:
Before you book "Beautiful Historic Home On the Cape Fear River in the Heart of Southport, N.C.", examine our brief checklist of considerations.
Begin Your Search Early
Carolina Beach vacation rentals book several months (and up to a year) in advance. To assure the best selection of vacation homes, we suggest searching and reserving your Carolina Beach rental home Six-Twelve months in advance, whenever you can. Many households decide to begin their search over Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year holiday gatherings.
Select your Place and Vacation Week
Oftentimes, the most challenging portion of scheduling your vacation is deciding where to go, and when. When the big decisions are tackled, the rest is simplier and easier.
How Much Rental Do You Actually Need?
Determine who is attending the vacation, and just how many/what particular bedroom arrangement you should have. Remember that that many properties list maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in the living area. It is important to figure out what is most appropriate for your group. Most rental listings will summarize each of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattresses.
Determine Your Budget
The majority of rental properties are advertised with a cost range. Confirm the rate for your preferred stay. It might be at the high end of the range. Make sure to get cost-sharing commitments from family and friends before reserving an expensive rental home. Generally, a single member of the group will be in charge of making the whole reservation and collecting each party's share.
Let's Talk Amenities
What amenities is your family looking for? Are you looking for a rental home with outdoor dining area? Will the unit need to be beachfront, in town, or near restaurants? Does the rental have bikes and body boards available throughout your stay? Gather a list of prioritized "necessities and desires" from your party to help filter your search to the most suitable home.
Accessibility and Special Things to consider
Do certain people in your crew have specific needs? If wheel chair entry, elevators, pool lifts or other specialized equipment is necessary, include that into your search. Nearly all rental listings will include a list of amenities.
Your Dog Needs a Holiday, Too
Make sure you include your companion! Although a number of rentals permit animal friends, rules and charges vary per property. A number of limitations may possibly eliminate a prospective vacation property. Ensure that you read descriptions and contracts carefully. Additional fees or deposits may be applied to your contract. Ask questions *before* you book!
Start your Search
Many internet resources exist to match guests with property owners.. Together with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "Carolina Beach local rental homes" for local vacation rental management companies. Local agencies usually have a unique selection of vacation rentals daily and weekly.
Re-read the description to be certain the vacation home has everything you need. If something is missing, the rental home management company may know of comparable properties that better fit your wishes and budget..
While not true for all properties, many owners and property managers will make a deal on rates. If the price isn't negotiable, the number of nights might be. Your best opportunity for a reduced rate is switching to a less desirable week.
Read the Total Contract
Read the whole contract and make sure you are aware who is responsible for:
- Utility bills
- WIFI Access
- Telephone service
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning Fees
- Trash collection
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Space
In addition to the standard price, vacationers must pay local taxes when booking "Beautiful Historic Home On the Cape Fear River in the Heart of Southport, N.C.", as well as various other fees which may be mandatory based upon their circumstances, including a dog fee, early check-in or late check-out fee, or a pool heat fee for private pool usage during the fall or spring months.
Cancellation policies vary for each vacation rental. Vacation home management companies and property owners commonly offer their clients the choice to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance, which commonly costs between 1% - 5% of the standard rental home rate, can provide guests with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent vacation property costs) for any nights missed resulting from personal health-related emergencies or weather, and additionally hurricane evacuation expenses, such as a unexpected motel stay or additional gas.
Book your Vacation Property
When everything seems correct, it's finally time to sign a rental agreement. You will probably be asked to submit a security deposit at time of booking.
Get Contact Information
Put the property manager's contact information into your smartphone and wallet for easy access to answers during your stay.
Congrats! All that is left is enjoying your visit!
During your Stay
- Take notes of any property damage when you arrive. If you discover problems, or if fixes are needed get in touch with the home manager straight away. If there is a dispute about responsibility later, having the recorded problems and communication attempts will probably be incredibly helpful.
- Ask questions. You could need instructions for a fireplace, Television or spa tub. Get in touch with your property manager. They are there to help. A quick phone call prevents many hassles.
- Remember to be a good next-door neighbor. Natives will be as friendly to you as you are respectful of them. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by visitors next to your home.
- Ask a local. Natives are a terrific source of suggestions. Who better to ask where to get the best pizza, have a great date night, or the best spots for shopping?
- Enjoy your stay! Ensure you protect the property owner (and your things!) by keeping the rental home locked up when you are away, just like you would in your own home.
- Check to make sure you've packed all of your belongings. Sweep all the rooms in the house for left-behind items. Inspect bath rooms, the garage, cabinets, outdoor patios, the swimming pool area, and anywhere else your personal property might "hide".
- As soon as everything is out, do a walk-through of the rental home to be certain no property damage occurred in the course of your stay. Whenever possible, do this walk-out review with the property manager present. If the property owner is not available, be sure to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How was your trip? Most vacation rental management companies and rental websites allow renters to provide feedback. If your property and/or property manager was top-notch, they'll appreciate your positive reviews. If anything was wrong and they failed to fix it in a acceptable manner, or when the rental wasn't as described, you'll want to make it a point as part of your critique.
Learn from your Stay
Hold a debrief with your traveling companions. Did everyone have a good time? With a little luck everything ended up being perfect and you're all set to re-book the same property for your next vacation. If not, you have acquired valuable rental search experience to help with the next search.
- Frying Pan - 0.1 miles
- Yacht Basin Eatery - 0.1 miles
- Fishy Fishy Cafe - 0.1 miles
- Cape Fear Restaurant - 0.1 miles
- The Pharmacy Restaurant - 0.2 miles
- Ports of Call Bistro & Market - 0.2 miles
- Thai Peppers - 0.2 miles
- Moore Street Market - 0.2 miles
- Southport Waterfront Park - 0.1 miles
- Southport Marsh Walk - 0.3 miles
- Oak Island Lighthouse - 1.8 miles
- La Polena Bed & Breakfast - 0.9 miles
- Southport Boat Rentals - 0.1 miles
- Kelly Allen Sailing - 0.1 miles
- Priority Sailing - 0.1 miles
- Southport Pier and RIverwalk - 0.1 miles