- 3 Bedrooms
- 3.5 Bathrooms
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Deadbolt Lock On Entryway
- Emergency Exit Route
- Fire Extinguisher
- First Aid Kit
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Lighting
- Pets Not Allowed
- Smoke Detectors
About this Property413 W. West Street-Welcome to historic Southport at its peerless. This glamourous home is located just steps away from the Southport waterfront and the fine local dining. With the charming twisty Oak trees, the affable historic neighborhood, and rocking chair front porch, this home will leave you wanting to return for more calming times. This home has been freshly refreshed with all the amenities of new but yet leaving all the Striking characteristics of old. It is the ideal mixture and it certainly shows. Relish a brief walk over to one of the many eateries or walk to Howe Street to take in some shopping. Don't miss the water front part with one of the many swings overlooking the mouth of the Cape Fear River and long range vistas of Bald Head Island and Caswell Beach. If boating is what you want, the Southport Marina and boat ramps are just around the corner from this superb home. From this marina, you will have painless access to the ICW and direct access to the sea. This is a location that you will want to return to again and again. The slow pace will have you peaceful and forgetting about all the hustle and bustle. Stop in to one of the many local stores such as Bull Frog Corner or the Christmas House which is open year around. Of course, do not forget the beaches just a brief dive to Oak Island. Here you will savor beach from one of the many public beach accesses on Oak Island. Unlike most beaches and island, parking isn't an issue on Oak Island because of the copious public beach accesses. Come and appreciate your stay at this gorgeous Southport home and leave all your worries behind.
How to Save Money on Your Rental
- Search for the official tourism bureau where you want to travel. Many official tourism bureaus will offer you printed tourism guides with deals for accommodations, dining and activities. These guides can provide a good start to your rental search.
- Are your trip dates changeable? Off-peak times offer remarkable bargains.
- Are you a military veteran? Some rental companies provide price reductions to vets and active-duty military. Make sure to ask property manager to see if your travelling gang qualifies for a discount.
- Some rentals are basically catered to particular customers, whether it is beachfront rentals with weekly pier passes, city-center condos with nearby access to night life or waterfront homes that feature private kiteboarding launching areas. Make sure to prioritize your proximity to the activities and places of interest you are most looking forward to.
- Give thought to obtaining trip insurance with your rental agreement. Trip insurance, which generally add somewhere between 1% - 5% of the basic stay cost, provides guests reimbursement of their rental expenses for any nights missed as a consequence of medical-related emergencies or hurricanes, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, like an unplanned hotel stay or additional gas.
General Rental Home Tricks & Tips
Some people are surprised to discover just how many rentals are located in their area of interest. Vacation home accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of global research sites like Homeaway and VRBO.
Nearly all vacation homes in Carolina Beach are privately owned and many are represented by experienced local rental management companies. Rental owners typically choose management companies to facilitate advertisements, cleaning and routine maintenance.
Seasoned Carolina Beach vacationers have discovered a number of tips and tricks over the years when it comes to renting vacation rentals, however many novices will be happy to find that several "tips" are in plain sight, if you know how to look.
Searching for and booking the perfect rental:
Before you start to book "Beautiful & Convenient, 3 Bdrm/2 Bath Home in Historic Southport-Sleeps 5", read through our short checklist of issues to consider.
Search Early and Frequently
Carolina Beach vacation homes book months (and up to a year) in advance. For the best selection, begin your planning and search Six-12 months prior to a trip. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to plan and book your rental home..
Decide on a Community and Date
Oftentimes, the toughest part of preparing for your trip is choosing where to go, and when. When the big decisions are hammered out, the rest is simpler.
Bedrooms and Bed Sizes Matter
Determine who is attending the vacation, and just how many/what sort of bedroom arrangement you will need. Remember that many rentals advertise maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in the home's living room. You will need to determine what is suitable for your company. Generally rental home listings will summarize each of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattress sizes.
Decide on Your Budget
The majority of vacation homes are marketed with a cost range. Determine the cost for your selected week. It could be at the high end of the range. If multiple groups or family members are sharing the cost, make sure each group knows their responsibilities and has agreed to a maximum they are willing to pay. A single individual in your party must be given the task of getting contributions and accepting responsibility for the entire rental fee at time of booking.
Compose a list of "Preferences" and "Necessities"
What home features is your group searching for? Is a screened porch a necessity? Are you more interested in a natural landscape or amusements? Does the unit have bikes and body boards available during your stay? Build a list of priority features to guide filter your search.
Occasionally the senior generation has trouble with stairs. Make sure that you remember and ask about wheelchair entry, pool lifts and specialized equipment needs..
What About 4-Legged Family Members?
Are you or other individuals in the crew travelling with a pet dog? Animals are welcome at many rental properties, but guidelines differ. Ensure that you study agreements and contracts carefully. Extra fees or costs may be applied to your contract. Ask questions *before* you reserve!
Searching the Internet
. In combination with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Carolina Beach local rental properties" for local property management companies. Local rental home management companies pride themselves on a first-class vacation experience.
Negotiate the Price
When you've found the rentalhome of your dreams, check to confirm your travel dates are available.
Some rental owners will negotiate rates, and some will not. If the rate isn't negotiable, the number of nights may be. Off-peak weeks are likely to be negotiable more frequently than peak-season..
Study the Entire Agreement
Read through the complete contract and be certain you understand who is responsible for:
- Internet Connectivity
- Long Distance Phone Service
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning Service
- Trash collection
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Key exchange
- Parking Fees
Get a total that includes state taxes, animal and other additional fees.
Cancellation policies vary for each property. Many vacation property agreements include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance, which generally costs ranges from 1% - 5% of the base rental price, can provide travellers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent vacation property costs) for any nights missed as a result of personal health emergencies or storms, as well as hurricane evacuation costs, such as a unexpected motel stay or additional gas.
After you feel you've found "the one", start the reservation process. Bear in mind that most rental agreements will require a substantial rental down payment and/or security deposit to cover the vacation rental owner.
Keep Your Property Manager's Info
Make sure to get the property manager's contact telephone number and entry/exit procedures for your rental. We recommend saving the contact's information in your cell phone and wallet.
Congratulations on booking your vacation home! You're on the way to a phenomenal vacation!
During your Stay
- Photograph at your arrival. To make sure no damages are associated with your stay, make a record of any trouble spots of the rental. Get in touch with the rental manager immediately to report your observations.
- Ask questions. You may need instructions for a gas fireplace, Television set or spa. Contact your home manager. They are there to help. A brief phone call prevents many hassles.
- Don't forget to be a good next-door neighbor. Often, nearby households are lived in by permanent residents. Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking restrictions can make a stay a little more pleasurable.
- Ask a local. Residents may point you in the right direction.
- Enjoy your stay! Make certain to protect the owner (and your things!) by keeping the rental locked up when you are away, just like you would at home.
When its Time to Leave
- Clean up a lttle bit. Despite the fact that you're spending money on a house cleaning fee, The rental really should be in good shape. Sinks brimming with dirty dishes, surplus beach sand on the floors and sticky messes should be remedied before leaving.
- Make sure to walk through the rental home one last time and check for damage. Whenever you can, do this walk-out inspection with the property manager present. If the property owner is not available, make sure that you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How was your vacation? Nearly all rental web sites request feedback after your stay . Owners and rental managers will appreciate your positive recommendations. If something was unacceptable and they failed to fix it in a reasonable manner, or when the rental home wasn't as described, you'll want to note that in your critique.
Learn from your Experience
Did they enjoy their rental? Maybe everything was perfect and you're happy to re-book the same rental home for your next vacation. If not, you've gained useful experience to help with your next search.
- Fishy Fishy Cafe - 0.2 miles
- Mr Pâ€™s Bistro - 0.2 miles
- Baked With Love - 0.2 miles
- Ports of Call Bistro & Market - 0.2 miles
- Yacht Basin Eatery - 0.2 miles
- Dry Street Pub & Pizza - 0.2 miles
- Frying Pan - 0.2 miles
- Thai Peppers - 0.2 miles
- Southport Marsh Walk - 0.2 miles
- Southport Waterfront Park - 0.3 miles
- Oak Island Lighthouse - 2.0 miles
- La Polena Bed & Breakfast - 0.9 miles
- Priority Sailing - 0.2 miles
- Southport Boat Rentals - 0.2 miles
- Kelly Allen Sailing - 0.2 miles
- Southport Pier and RIverwalk - 0.3 miles