- 3 Bedrooms
- 3.5 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deadbolt Lock On Entryway
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Emergency Exit Route
- Fire Extinguisher
- First Aid Kit
- Housekeeper Included
- Ice Maker
- Iron & Board
- Kayak / Canoe
- Lawn / Garden
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Lobster Pot
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Furniture
- Outdoor Lighting
- Pets Not Allowed
- Satellite / Cable
- Smoke Detectors
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Water Sports Gear
About this Property413 W. West Street-Welcome to historic Southport at its choice. This beautiful home is located just steps away from the Southport waterfront and the fine local dining. With the cute twisty Oak trees, the helpful historic neighborhood, and rocking chair front porch, this home will leave you wanting to return for more inviting times. This home has been newly refreshed with all the comforts of new but yet leaving all the sensational characteristics of old. It is the ideal mixture and it certainly shows. Appreciate a brief walk over to one of the many eateries or walk to Howe Street to take in some shopping. Don't miss the water front part with one of the many swings overlooking the mouth of the Cape Fear River and long range vistas of Bald Head Island and Caswell Beach. If boating is what you want, the Southport Marina and boat ramps are just around the corner from this impressive home. From this marina, you will have painless access to the ICW and direct access to the sea. This is a location that you will want to return to again and again. The slow pace will have you calming and forgetting about all the hustle and bustle. Stop in to one of the many local stores such as Bull Frog Corner or the Christmas House which is open year around. Of course, do not forget the beaches just a brief dive to Oak Island. Here you will relish beach from one of the many public beach accesses on Oak Island. Unlike most beaches and island, parking isn't an issue on Oak Island because of the many public beach accesses. Come and appreciate your stay at this enchanting Southport home and leave all your worries behind.
How to get the best deal on your rental
- Many property managers and vacation rental homes provide Carolina Beach area promotional books which feature money-saving coupons, either offered independently by local companies, or through a partnership between the management company and the store itself. Search for these guides and coupon books, since this allows travelers to experience the same fantastic attractions with a often significantly discounted.
- Prefer to stay away from crowds and reduce costs? Off-peak rates are usually a fraction of peak fees.
- Several rental companies and owners offer discounts for active duty and veteran men and women of the US Military, or repeat travelers to the same rental home. Be sure to check with property manager to see if your vacationing gang is eligible for a discounted rate.
- Some properties are primarily suited for specific types of visitors. Large event homes are ideal for weddings, wedding receptions and corporate meetings. Some properties cater to beach bums. Other homes are situated close to night life. You will definitely get the most value from a home that most closely satisfies your ideal holiday setting, even if it costs a bit extra.
- Think about purchasing trip insurance with your leasing contract. Trip insurance, which generally add between 1% - 5% of the basic term cost, provides travellers reimbursement of their rental costs for any days missed due to personal medical-related emergencies or storms, and additionally ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unanticipated hotel stay or extra gas.
The Rental Process
Newcomers are sometimes surprised at the number and wide variety of weekly rental properties available in the Carolina Beach area. With such a wide selection, clients are sure to discover a property that fits their desires and budget.
The vast majority of vacation homes in Carolina Beach are privately operated and many are represented by well-known local rental management agencies. Property management companies are well-liked by property owners mainly because they manage the advertising and operations..
We've constructed a brief guide to assist you in getting most from your rental experience.
Finding and reserving the perfect rental home:
Do you believe "Beautiful & Convenient, 3 Bdrm/2 Bath Home in Historic Southport-Sleeps 5" is the best rental home for your next trip? Browse through this guide to make sure it fits all of your preferences.
Begin Your Search Early
Carolina Beach rentals book months (and up to a year) in advance. To guarantee the best choice of properties, we recommend searching and booking your Carolina Beach rental Six-Twelve months in advance, whenever possible. Holiday reunions can be a popular time for families to plot their Summer family vacations..
Choose your Town and Vacation Week
Sometimes, the hardest part of organizing your trip is figuring out where to go, and when. Once the big decisions are tackled, everything else becomes more straightforward.
Decide on a Size
Confirm who is joining, and just how many/what particular bedroom configuration you will need. Keep in mind that most vacation rentals list maximum guest capacity, which usually includes sofa beds in the family room. You'll need to determine what is most appropriate for your company. Precise descriptions of bedrooms and beds are typically available on the internet. Otherwise, speak to the property owner before you book.
Decide on Your Budget
Will the preferred rental property suit your budget during that prime Summer week? If multiple individuals or relatives are sharing the cost, confirm that everyone understands their obligations and has agreed to a maximum they are willing to chip in. In most cases, just one member of the group will be responsible for making the whole reservation and getting each family member's share.
Vacation home Amenities
What home features is the family trying to find? Is a screened porch a requirement? Are you more enthusiastic about wildlife or night life? Are items like beach chairs, barbecue grills, umbrellas, beach carts or coolers at your disposal and included in your rental property rate? Build a list of priority conveniences to help narrow your search.
Do individual people in your group have specific needs? If wheel chair accessibility, elevators, pool lifts or other special equipment is necessary, factor that into your search. Most vacation home postings include a list of amenities.
Do not forget to include your best friend! Even though many rental homes allow animal friends, rules and costs vary per property. Be sure you read descriptions and contracts carefully. Additional fees or costs may be applied to your contract. If in doubt, ask the property manager and get it in writing.
Searching the Internet
Once the place, travel dates and guests are decided, search multiple resources to find the best rental selection. In addition to Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Carolina Beach local vacation homes" for local rental home management companies. Besides having exceptional rental properties, local agencies provide you with top-notch service..
When you've located your dream rental, double check to make sure your travel dates are available.
Although not true for all properties, many rental owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If they are unwilling to budge on a highly-desirable trip, try asking for an additional night. This is most effective throughout the off-season when many vacation rentals sit empty.
Read the Agreement
Read the entire contract and make sure you fully understand who is liable for:
- Long Distance Phone Service
- Pool Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning Fees
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance policies
- Key exchange
- Parking Fees
In addition to the regular fee, vacationers must pay state taxes when renting "Beautiful & Convenient, 3 Bdrm/2 Bath Home in Historic Southport-Sleeps 5", in addition to various other additional fees which might be required based upon their circumstances, including a dog fee, earlier check-in or late check-out fee, or a pool heat fee for private swimming pool usage during the fall or spring months.
If you'd like to Cancel
Make sure you understand the cancellation policy prior to reserving. Vacation home management companies and individual property owners commonly offer their clients the option to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance defends the renter against emergency situations and weather events, It gives peace of mind should tragedy strike.
Complete the Reservation
After you believe you've identified "the one", start the booking process. You'll likely be asked to submit a security deposit at time of reservation.
Keep Your Property Manager's Info
Put the rental manager's contact info into your smartphone and wallet for convenient access to answers throughout your stay.
Congratulations on reserving your vacation rental! You're on the right path to a fantastic vacation!
During your Stay
- Record the overall condition of the rental property immediately upon arrival. If you discover property damage, or if repairs are required call the property manager immediately. This can protect against disagreements during checkout.
- Ask questions. You might need guidance for a fireplace, Television set or spa. Call your rental manager. They are there to assist. A brief phone call eliminates many head aches.
- Make sure to be a good next-door neighbor. . Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by visitors next to your home.
- Ask a local. Locals are a great source of tips. Who better to ask where to get the best chicken wings, have a great date night, or the best areas for night life?
- Make sure you protect the rental owner (and your things!) by keeping the rental home secured when you are away, just like you would at home.
When its Time to Leave
- Double-check every space of the rental to make certain that you've packed all possessions.
- As soon as your things are all out, begin a walk-through of the property to confirm no property damage occurred in the course of your stay. We suggest walking through with the rental manager whenever possible (often this isn't possible).. If the property manager is not available, ensure that you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you love your stay? Most rental management companies and vacation rental websites allow renters to give comments. If your property and/or property manager was first-rate, they will appreciate your compliments. If something went wrong, we recommend being understanding but sincere about your rental experience. The best property owners and managers will work hard to rectify the problem.
Learn from your Stay
Hold a debrief with the members of your group. How did they feel about the property? We hope this guide helped you find a terrific home away from home. Otherwise, you have acquired valuable experience to aid with your next search.
- Fishy Fishy Cafe - 0.2 miles
- Mr Pâ€™s Bistro - 0.2 miles
- Baked With Love - 0.2 miles
- Ports of Call Bistro & Market - 0.2 miles
- Yacht Basin Eatery - 0.2 miles
- Dry Street Pub & Pizza - 0.2 miles
- Frying Pan - 0.2 miles
- Thai Peppers - 0.2 miles
- Southport Marsh Walk - 0.2 miles
- Southport Waterfront Park - 0.3 miles
- Oak Island Lighthouse - 2.0 miles
- La Polena Bed & Breakfast - 0.9 miles
- Priority Sailing - 0.2 miles
- Southport Boat Rentals - 0.2 miles
- Kelly Allen Sailing - 0.2 miles
- Southport Pier and RIverwalk - 0.3 miles