- Sunset Beach
- 5 Bedrooms
- 5.5 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Away From It All
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Room
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Lanai / Gazebo
- Lawn / Garden
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Grill
- Pantry Items
- Pets Not Allowed
- Satellite / Cable
- Spa Whirlpool
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Towels Provided
- Video Library
- Washing Machine
- Water Sports Gear
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyYOUR HOST AT YOUR PLEASURE
Surf Watcher Vacation Rental By Owner ID # 929633
Gray Dolphin Vacation Rental By Owner ID # 932557
Of course you are on the BEACH. We appreciate to interact with our Guests. I am not on the beach but I am just a phone call away & by text or e-mail. We are committed to make your stay as ideal as possible. If and when needed I have personal assistance available on site.
DIRECTIONS TO SUNSET BEACH
Sunset Beach is located in Southeastern North Carolina. It is the last Island in North Carolina. The island is about 7 miles off of U.S. 17 at Highway 904. Coming from the North turn Left on to 904 (from the South turn Right). Take 904 to the second traffic light (roughly 4 miles from the intersection with U.S. 17). Turn right and follow the signs to Sunset Beach. The bridge onto the island is roughly 2 more miles. At the circle take the Mannon Gore bridge, 1 more mile to Main St.
THE BEAUTIFUL BEACH in NORTH CAROLINA
Sunset Beach, formally known as Bald Beach, is the southernmost island in North Carolina. The island was bought in 1955 by Mannon C. Gore from the Brooks family, which dates its ownership back to the 1700's. Mannon Gore, a farmer by trade, possessed vast skills in the bridge building and dredging work. Using these skills, Mr. Gore began his vision of Sunset Beach by designing and building the causeway and the first pontoon swing bridge onto the island. Mr. Gore also constructed the original Vesta Pier on the island named after a civil war blockade runner that now rests buried in the sand beside the present Sunset Beach pier. Unit sales began in 1958 and Sunset Beach has grown in every way since. To aid Mannon Gore, his son Edward M. Gore, Sr. joined the work in the late 1950's. Together they successfully developed and shaped the island into what the island is today. As the striking island's beaches grow in size, we continue to maintain the simple feeling of yesterdays when times were simpler.
This home has been family owned for more than 40 years. One of the original homes constructed on the West End Oceanfront in 1972. Constructed by Mr. Watcher & lovingly cared for till we fell in appreciate with this home in October 15, 2008. We have had a New & Committed Appreciate for this home. This home is Family affable, just right for the number of visitors you may choose to invite & offering all comforts possible.
PEACE & QUITE
Sunset Beach is well known for its Family Neighborly environment. I had the enjoyment to encounter some bicycle riders. They were open about their want to stay in Sunset Beach. ”It’s rather”, they said.
The calming island that is ideal for your hideaway. The island has a few specialty stores where you can appreciate your morning-evening walks, bicycle rides, or excursion on the pier to fish or just relish the Sunsets
YOU GET ALL THIS
Your Family Will Appreciate the Spectacular Sunrises / Sunsets, Priceless Sea Vistas and Sounds that You Will Hear From the Outdoor spaces of This Sunset Beach Holiday Rental. This Sea Front Home Sleeps 14, Non-Smoking, No Family Animals. Bedrooms Consist of: MBRW: K, SBRW: Q & 2 Bunk beds, MBRE: Q & Q, SBRE: S & S, Living Area: Q Sleeper, 4- 1/2 Baths (2 New Baths w/Non-Slip Ceramic Floor Tile & Fans). All New Hurricane Windows Throughout, All New Plantation Blinds Throughout, Very High Speed Wireless. Our Promise to You Is to Provide a Very Well-Maintained Generous Oceanfront With Great Reception & Wi-Fi. The Owners Make Consistent Annual Updates to the Structure, Furnishings, Linens & Conveniences in this Family Amiable Home. We Pledge to Provide You All the Comforts Possible! Cell Signal Booster for All Providers. All Bedrooms Have Their Own TV's. 2 DVD's, audio system iPod Dock, 5 Color TV's, Netflix Available to use with your account in the Living Room. 2 Ceiling Fans on the Porch, 2 in the Great Room. Library with Dedicated Ice Maker & Snow Cone Maker, 10 Seat Dining Table, Extra Folding Table With 6 Folding Chairs, 3 Counter Stools. You May Relish Cooking in a Substantial Kitchen With Extensive Double-Kitchen Cabinets, Labels Included on All Cabinets & Drawers, Inside Fish Sink Supplied With a Dedicated Reverse Osmosis Water Filter w/Spout, Glass Container w/Spout . You Should No Longer Need Water Bottles! French Door Fridge, New Kitchen Stove, Microwave, Toaster Oven, 4 Slice Toaster, 12 Cup Coffee Maker, Abundance of Silver Ware & Dinner Ware, Cooking Utensils/Cookware, Take Away Disposable Food Containers, New Mats Throughout. 500sf Sea Side Screened In Porch, 5 Rockers, 2 Gliders, Breakfast Table with 4 Chairs. Roof Deck / Sun Deck, Elevated Board Walk With Outside Shower / Foot Rinse, Fish Flag on Pole, Painted Path Stones That Will Come with You to the End of the Rainbow. Ground Floor Screened Shower With Hot & Cold Water, New Washer & Dryer, Weber Charcoal Grille, Kitchen Aid Gas Grille With Extra Propane Tanks, Picnic Table With 2 Benches, Childrens Table With 4 Stools. Cement Ground Floor Parking Area Sand Free. Partial Check-In Is Accepted After 1:30pm (We'll Have a Bedroom, Bathroom, and Kitchen Ready for Your Use By That Time. You Can Drop the Bags and Head to the Beach While We Finish the Cleaning By Our Normal Check-In Time of 4pm). Great House with Countless Free Conveniences Supplied for Your Individual and Personal Pleasure, Enchanting Vistas of the Atlantic & the Wondrous Sky.
ONE KEY for YOUR NEEDS
One key gets you into all of your needs, the entrance front & back doors, the ground floor Laundry Room, & Guest Storage Room.
THINGS to BRING
Our home is supplied for normal housekeeping. It is decorated to the owner's taste, so please care for these items as they were your own. You will find linen, towels, bed pads, bedspreads and pillows. Our home will have starter paper products for your emergency appreciation. Cleaning materials; broom, dust pan, cleaning rags, bucket & mop are included for your comfort. This brief checklist is supplied in an attempt to assist you with your packing and shopping.
• Laundry Detergent (Supplied in Laundry Room*)
• Dish Washing Detergent (Wall Sink Dispenser Supplied)
• Dish Washer Jell Pads (Supplied Under Sink)
• Dish Towels (Supplied)
• Reverse Osmosis Water Filter (Supplied)
You may no longer need water bottles
• Disposable One Time Use Food Containers (Included*)
• Kitchen Garbage Bags (Included)
• Paper Towels (One Roll Supplied)
• Toilet Paper (One Roll per Bathroom Supplied)
• Bed Sheets (Supplied)
• Bath Towels (Included)
• Face Cloths (Supplied)
• Bath Soap (Dispenser Supplied in Each Bathroom*)
• BodyWash (Wall Dispensers Supplied in Each Bathroom*)
• Shampoo (Wall Dispensers Included in Each Bathroom*)
• Beach Chairs (Many Included in the Guest Storage*)
• Beach Toys (Many Supplied in the Guest Storage*)
• Beach Cart (Supplied in Guest Storage*)
NOTE: * These items can only be guaranteed or replenished if missing at the season's end
THINGS NOT PROVIDED
• Beach Towels
• Beach Umbrella
• Beach Bag
If you need to rent linens, please contact one of the following suppliers to rent your linens, towels and/or beach equipment.
Julie's Units -
Calabash Photography Studio.
Set an appointment with Forrest or Suzy King for your family's holiday photo.
BIRD ISLAND COASTAL RESERVE
Located across Mad Inlet from Sunset Beach, this uninhabited barrier island is a fashionable destination for visitors. You can reach it by walking along the oceanfront from the west end of Sunset Beach. The State of NC bought this island in 2002 for conservation uses. The island was reviewed as one of the top 10 most unusual beaches in the world in a travel article in 2012! Visit the Kindred Spirit mailbox and leave a message!
The best place in town to grab a boat or jet ski for a day is the Sea Isle Fishing Center on neighboring Sea Isle. They offer powered fishing boats, jet skis, kayaks, and even paddle boats to cruise up and down the intercostal waterway.
THE OLD BRIDGE
Go visit it and share its story with the full family on your next holiday.
We have a very active Turtle Season each year. Turtle Talk is held during the summer from June 1st through Labor Day weekend on Sunday nights at 7 pm at our main office on the island-learn more about the turtles that nest here at Sunset Beach. The program is presented by the Sunset Beach Turtle Patrol. (Want to learn more about the turtle program?)
WEDNESDAY NIGHT CONCERTS
The Sunset Beach complimentary Concert Series is held between Memorial Day and Labor Day at the Village Park at Oceanside Village. (Look for the gazebo in the modest park across from Fibber's Restaurant on the mainland). This runs 6:30-8:30 each Wednesday (weather permitting).
YOGA ON THE BEACH
You have a chance to join in during your summer holiday. Sessions are held M,W & F at 7 am, and T, & Th at 7 pm on the beach at the 40th Street boardwalk. Come with a BIG towel and water. There is a fee of $10 per class (cash only). For more information, contact Kelly
This is a state of the art facility located on the mainland in Sunset Beach. It includes a theater for rotating shows about the sky and a science and education center, and a present shop.
Money Saving Rental Tips
- Search for the tourism bureau where you want to visit. Many official tourism bureaus will send promotional travel guide books with special deals for accommodations, dining and attractions. These guides can provide an excellent start to your vacation rental search.
- In a position to alter your travel week? Off-peak times provide tremendous discounts.
- Active Duty and veterans of the U.S. Armed forces may qualify for unique discounts. Make sure to confirm with property manager to see if your visiting group is eligible for a price reduction.
- Some homes are primarily suited for particular groups of guests. Event homes are perfect for weddings, wedding parties and corporate retreats. Some properties cater to wildlife enthusiasts. Other properties are situated close to nightlife. If there's a certain Carolina Beach atteaction you simply love, keep an eye out for rentals that cater especially to your needs.
- Think about investing in trip insurance along with your leasing agreement. Trip insurance, which usually will cost you somewhere between 1% - 5% of the basic term cost, offers vacationers reimbursement of their rental expenses for any nights missed as a consequence of personal medical emergencies or weather, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unforeseen hotel room stay or additional gas.
General Rental Home Tricks & Tips
You might be pleasantly surprised to learn how many rentals are available at your destination. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of vacation homes available allows them to find an suitable getaway to fit their Carolina Beach gang, from calm condominiums to giant event homes with several bedrooms.
Rental homes are often owner operated or managed by property management companies. Property management companies leverage scale, equipment and practical knowledge to provide convenient operational management on behalf of the property owner..
Seasoned Carolina Beach vacationers have identified a handful of tips and tricks over the years with regards to renting vacation rentals, however most novices will be happy to know that several "strategies" are in plain sight, if you understand where they should search.
Searching for and booking the best rental:
Do you believe " @ Ocean Front Guest Friendly Home "The Jewel On The Beach"" is the perfect vacation property for your upcoming getaway? Read through this checklist to confirm it fits all of your needs.
Begin Your Search Early
Like many renowned hot spots, In Carolina Beach the best vacation rentals are booked very early. Reserving your rental 6-12 months in advance is usually recommended, whenever possible. Many groups choose to begin their search during Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year gatherings.
Find your Area and Identify Dates
Agreement can be tough among loved ones, but the moment this tricky part is complete everything will begin to drop in place.
Choose a Size
Establish who is attending the vacation, and how many/what sort of bedroom arrangement you need to have. Bear in mind that many properties list maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in the living area. You will need to determine what is most appropriate for your company. Precise descriptions of bedrooms and beds are usually available online. Otherwise, speak to the property owner before you reserve the home.
Stick to a Budget
Many rental homes are advertised with a price range. Confirm the cost for your preferred stay. It may be at the high end of the range. If multiple groups or relatives are sharing the cost, ensure each group knows their obligations and has agreed to a maximum they are willing to pay. One member of your family will have to be given the task of getting contributions and agreeing to responsibility for the entire rental payment at time of reservation.
Let's Discuss Amenities
What amenities is your family searching for? Is a screened porch a requirement? Are you more enthusiastic about a natural landscape or nightlife? Does the rental have bicycles and body boards for use throughout your stay? Make a list of prioritized "necessities and wishes" from your company to help narrow your search to the perfect home.
Accessibility and Special Circumstances
Frequently the senior generation has problems with stairways. Make certain to remember and ask about wheelchair access, pool lifts and special equipment requirements..
Are you or other members of the group traveling with a pup? Pets are welcome at a number of vacation homes, but guidelines can vary. A number of limitations may possibly dismiss a prospective rental home. Make sure to read descriptions and contracts carefully. Charges may apply when pets are included.
Searching the Internet
A number of websites exist to match vacationers with property owners.. In combination with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "Carolina Beach local rentals" for local vacation home management companies. Local property management companies proudly offer a superior vacation experience.
Negotiate the Price
Re-read the description to be sure the property has everything required. If it is something is missing, the rental home management company might know of very similar homes that fit your wishes and budget..
Some rental owners will negotiate prices, and some won't. If the rate isn't negotiable, the number of nights might be. Your easiest prospects for a reduced rate will be switching to an off-season week.
Read the Contract
Read through the entire agreement and be sure you understand who is liable for:
- Electric bills
- Long Distance Calls
- Pool Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning services and housekeeping
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Space
Get a total that includes state taxes, pet and other extra fees.
Cancelling your Rental Home
Cancellation policies vary for each vacation rental. Many rental agreements include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance, which usually costs ranges from 1% - 5% of your base vacation rental cost, can provide guests with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental property costs) for any days missed as a consequence of personal medical-related emergencies or weather, and additionally hurricane evacuation costs, such as a unanticipated hotel stay or extra gas.
When everything seems right, it's finally time for you to sign on the dotted line. You will probably be asked to submit a security deposit at time of booking.
Get Contact Details
Be sure you get the manager's contact telephone number and entry/exit procedures for your rental property. We suggest storing the contact's information in your smartphone and wallet.
Congratulations on booking your rental! You're on the right path to a fantastic vacation!
During your Stay
- Photograph at your arrival. Record the condition of the rental home right away. If you discover wear and tear, or if fixes are needed call the rental manager right away.
- Ask questions. When there's any ambiguity about parking, policies of the house, condo access, swimming pool functions, etc... we advise you ask the property manager immediately. A quick phone call prevents many complications.
- Please be considerate of the neighborhood. Natives should be as friendly to you as you are considerate of them. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by visitors next to your residence.
- Ask a local. Locals may point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to order the best nachos, have a great date night, or the best places for night life?
- Make certain to protect the owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the property locked up while you are away, exactly like you would at home.
When its Time to Leave
- Check to make sure you've packed all of your things. Sweep each room in the home for left-behind possessions. Inspect bathrooms, the garage, kitchen cupboards, porches, the pool area, and anywhere else your personal property might "hide".
- When everything is out, do a walk-through of the rental to make sure that no property damage occurred during your remain. When possible, do this walk-out review with the property owner present. If the property owner is not available, make sure you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you enjoy your vacation? Nearly all rental management company websites seek reviews after your stay . Property owners and property managers will appreciate your glowing recommendations. If something went wrong and they didn't fix it in a reasonable manner, or if the property was not as described, you may want to make it a point as part of your feedback.
Learn from your Stay
Does everybody want to go back? If everything was wonderful, next year's family vacation planning is going to be relatively easy. If the rental wasn't perfect, and you will better understand how to perfect your search for the next trip.
- Calabash Garden Tea Room And Gift Shop - 4.0 miles
- Sugar Shack - 4.7 miles
- Drift - 4.7 miles
- Causeway Gourmet - 4.8 miles
- The Breakers Arcade - 4.8 miles
- Calabash Garden Tea Room And Gift Shop - 4.0 miles
- Sunset Beach Pier - 0.3 miles
- Julie's Rentals - 0.4 miles
- Summertide Adventure Tours - 1.2 miles
- Oyster Bay Golf Links - 1.7 miles
- Sea Trail Plantation - Maples Course - 1.8 miles
- Blue Planet Watersports - 2.9 miles
- Thistle Golf Club & Estates - 3.2 miles
- Calabash Nautical Gifts & St. Nick Nacks - 3.5 miles
- Calabash Garden Tea Room And Gift Shop - 4.0 miles
- Sunset Beach Trading Company - 0.4 miles
- Coral Tree Salon and Day Spa - 3.3 miles
- Callahan's of Calabash - 3.5 miles
- Jewelry By Wendy - 4.0 miles
- Moon Fairy's - 4.0 miles
- Eagles Beachwear - 4.8 miles