- Sunset Beach
- 5 Bedrooms
- 5.5 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Away From It All
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Room
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Lanai / Gazebo
- Lawn / Garden
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Grill
- Pantry Items
- Pets Not Allowed
- Satellite / Cable
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Towels Provided
- Video Library
- Washing Machine
- Water Sports Gear
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyYOUR HOST AT YOUR PLEASURE
Surf Watcher Vacation Rental By Owner ID # 929633
Gray Dolphin Vacation Rental By Owner ID # 932557
Of course you are on the BEACH. We appreciate to interact with our Guests. I am not on the beach but I am just a phone call away & by text or e-mail. We are committed to make your stay as ideal as possible. If and when needed I have personal assistance available on site.
DIRECTIONS TO SUNSET BEACH
Sunset Beach is located in Southeastern North Carolina. It is the last Island in North Carolina. The island is about 7 miles off of U.S. 17 at Highway 904. Coming from the North turn Left on to 904 (from the South turn Right). Take 904 to the second traffic light (roughly 4 miles from the intersection with U.S. 17). Turn right and follow the signs to Sunset Beach. The bridge onto the island is roughly 2 more miles. At the circle take the Mannon Gore bridge, 1 more mile to Main St. Turn right on to West Main St. 201 is on the corner of28th St, 903 is off the corner of 35th St.
THE BEAUTIFUL BEACH in NORTH CAROLINA
Sunset Beach, formally known as Bald Beach, is the southernmost island in North Carolina. The island was bought in 1955 by Mannon C. Gore from the Brooks family, which dates its ownership back to the 1700's. Mannon Gore, a farmer by trade, possessed vast skills in the bridge building and dredging work. Using these skills, Mr. Gore began his vision of Sunset Beach by designing and building the causeway and the first pontoon swing bridge onto the island. Mr. Gore also constructed the original Vesta Pier on the island named after a civil war blockade runner that now rests buried in the sand beside the present Sunset Beach pier. Unit sales began in 1958 and Sunset Beach has grown in every way since. To aid Mannon Gore, his son Edward M. Gore, Sr. joined the work in the late 1950's. Together they successfully developed and shaped the island into what the island is today. As the extraordinary island's beaches grow in size, we continue to maintain the straighforward feeling of yesterdays when times were simpler.
This home has been family owned for more than 40 years. One of the original homes constructed on the West End Oceanfront in 1972. Constructed by Mr. Watcher & lovingly cared for till we fell in adore with this home in October 15, 2008. We have had a New & Committed Appreciate for this home. This home is Family chummy, just right for the number of visitors you may choose to invite & offering all comforts possible.
PEACE & QUITE
Sunset Beach is well known for its Family Neighborly environment. I had the comfort to encounter some bicycle riders. They were open about their want to stay in Sunset Beach. ”It’s rather”, they said.
The calming island that is ideal for your hideaway. The island has a few specialty stores where you can relish your morning-evening walks, bicycle rides, or excursion on the pier to fish or just appreciate the Sunsets
YOU GET ALL THIS
Your Family Will Adore the Spectacular Sunrises / Sunsets, Priceless Sea Vistas and Sounds that You Will Hear From the Outdoor spaces of This Sunset Beach Holiday Rental. This Sea Front Home Sleeps 14, Non-Smoking, No Family Animals. Bedrooms Consist of: MBRW: K, SBRW: Q & 2 Bunk beds, MBRE: Q & Q, SBRE: S & S, Living Area: Q Sleeper, 4- 1/2 Baths (2 New Baths w/Non-Slip Ceramic Floor Tile & Fans). All New Hurricane Windows Throughout, All New Plantation Blinds Throughout, Very High Speed Wireless. Our Promise to You Is to Provide a Very Well-Maintained Big Oceanfront With Great Reception & Wi-Fi. The Owners Make Consistent Annual Updates to the Structure, Furnishings, Linens & Conveniences in this Family Welcoming Home. We Pledge to Provide You All the Comforts Possible! Cell Signal Booster for All Providers. All Bedrooms Have Their Own TV's. 2 DVD's, audio system iPod Dock, 5 Color TV's, Netflix Available to use with your account in the Living Room. 2 Ceiling Fans on the Porch, 2 in the Great Room. Library with Dedicated Ice Maker & Snow Cone Maker, 10 Seat Dining Table, Extra Folding Table With 6 Folding Chairs, 3 Counter Stools. You May Appreciate Cooking in a Sizable Kitchen With Extensive Double-Kitchen Cabinets, Labels Included on All Cabinets & Drawers, Inside Fish Sink Supplied With a Dedicated Reverse Osmosis Water Filter w/Spout, Glass Container w/Spout . You Should No Longer Need Water Bottles! French Door Fridge, New Kitchen Stove, Microwave, Toaster Oven, 4 Slice Toaster, 12 Cup Coffee Maker, Abundance of Silver Ware & Dinner Ware, Cooking Utensils/Cookware, Take Away Disposable Food Containers, New Mats Throughout. 500sf Sea Side Screened In Porch, 5 Rockers, 2 Gliders, Breakfast Table with 4 Chairs. Roof Deck / Sun Deck, Elevated Board Walk With Outside Shower / Foot Rinse, Fish Flag on Pole, Painted Path Stones That Will Come with You to the End of the Rainbow. Ground Floor Screened Shower With Hot & Cold Water, New Washer & Dryer, Weber Charcoal Grille, Kitchen Aid Gas Grille With Extra Propane Tanks, Picnic Table With 2 Benches, Childrens Table With 4 Stools. Cement Ground Floor Parking Area Sand Free. Partial Check-In Is Accepted After 1:30pm (We'll Have a Bedroom, Bathroom, and Kitchen Ready for Your Use By That Time. You Can Drop the Bags and Head to the Beach While We Finish the Cleaning By Our Normal Check-In Time of 4pm). Great House with Countless Free Conveniences Supplied for Your Individual and Personal Pleasure, Striking Vistas of the Atlantic & the Wondrous Sky.
ONE KEY for YOUR NEEDS
One key gets you into all of your needs, the entrance front & back doors, the ground floor Laundry Room, & Guest Storage Room.
THINGS to BRING
Our home is supplied for normal housekeeping. It is decorated to the owner's taste, so please care for these items as they were your own. You will find linen, towels, bed pads, bedspreads and pillows. Our home will have starter paper products for your emergency comfort. Cleaning materials; broom, dust pan, cleaning rags, bucket & mop are supplied for your appreciation. This brief checklist is supplied in an attempt to assist you with your packing and shopping.
• Laundry Detergent (Supplied in Laundry Room*)
• Dish Washing Detergent (Wall Sink Dispenser Supplied)
• Dish Washer Jell Pods (Included Under Sink)
• Dish Towels (Supplied)
• Reverse Osmosis Water Filter (Included)
You may no longer need water bottles
• Disposable One Time Use Food Containers (Included*)
• Kitchen Garbage Bags (Included)
• Paper Towels (One Roll Supplied)
• Toilet Paper (One Roll per Bathroom Included)
• Bed Sheets (Included)
• Bath Towels (Supplied)
• Face Cloths (Supplied)
• Bath Soap (Dispenser Supplied in Each Bathroom*)
• BodyWash (Wall Dispensers Supplied in Each Bathroom*)
• Shampoo (Wall Dispensers Supplied in Each Bathroom*)
• Beach Chairs (Many Supplied in the Guest Storage*)
• Beach Toys (Many Supplied in the Guest Storage*)
• Beach Cart (Supplied in Guest Storage*)
NOTE: * These items can only be guaranteed or replenished if missing at the season's end
THINGS NOT PROVIDED
• Beach Towels
• Beach Umbrella
• Beach Bag
Calabash Photography Studio.
Set an appointment with Forrest or Suzy King for your family's holiday photo.
BIRD ISLAND COASTAL RESERVE
Located across Mad Inlet from Sunset Beach, this uninhabited barrier island is a fashionable destination for visitors. You can reach it by walking along the oceanfront from the west end of Sunset Beach. The State of NC bought this island in 2002 for conservation uses. The island was reviewed as one of the top 10 most unusual beaches in the world in a travel article in 2012!
Visit the Kindred Spirit mailbox and leave a message!
The most magnificant place in town to grab a boat or jet ski for a day is the Sea Isle Fishing Center on neighboring Sea Isle. They offer powered fishing boats, jet skis, kayaks, and even paddle boats to cruise up and down the intercostal waterway.
THE OLD BRIDGE
Go visit it and share its story with the full family on your next holiday.
We have a very active Turtle Season each year. Turtle Talk is held during the summer from June 1st through Labor Day weekend on Sunday nights at 7 pm at our main office on the island-learn more about the turtles that nest here at Sunset Beach. The program is presented by the Sunset Beach Turtle Patrol. (Want to learn more about the turtle program?)
WEDNESDAY NIGHT CONCERTS
The Sunset Beach complimentary Concert Series is held between Memorial Day and Labor Day at the Village Park at Oceanside Village. This runs 6:30-8:30 each Wednesday (weather permitting).
YOGA ON THE BEACH
You have a chance to join in during your summer holiday. Sessions are held M,W & F at 7 am, and T, & Th at 7 pm on the beach at the 40th Street boardwalk. Come with a BIG towel and water. There is a fee of $10 per class (cash only). For more information, contact Kelly
This is a state of the art facility located on the mainland in Sunset Beach. It includes a theater for rotating shows about the sky and a science and education center, and a present shop.
- Find the tourism bureau where you want to visit. Most established tourism bureaus will send you promotional travel guide books with special deals for accommodations, restaurants and activities. These guides can provide a good start to your rental search.
- Flexible about when you might travel? The off-peak seasons generally offer amazing rates on daily rental properties.
- Are you a military veteran? A number of vacation rental companies offer discounts to veterans and active-duty servicemembers. Be sure to ask property owner to see if your vacationing group qualifies for a discounted rate.
- Some properties are particularly suited for specific types of visitors. Event homes are ideal for weddings, receptions and corporate meetings. Some rentals cater to beach bums. Other rentals are positioned close to nightlife. Make sure that you prioritize your proximity to the adventures and interesting attractions you are most interested in.
- Give thought to obtaining trip insurance along with your rental agreement. Trip insurance, which generally will cost you somewhere between 1% - 5% of the base vacation rental rate, offers buyers reimbursement of their vacation costs for any missed as a consequence of health emergencies or hurricanes, as well as ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, like an unplanned hotel stay or extra fuel. Trip insurance is definitely a bank account-saver if the unforseen occurs .
General Rental property Tricks & Tips
Newcomers are oftentimes shocked at the range and variety of daily, weekly and monthly vacation rentals available in the Carolina Beach area. With such a big selection, clients are sure to discover a rental that matches their desires and spending plan.
Rentals are often owner operated or managed by property management companies. Rental owners typically choose management companies to manage marketing, cleaning and maintenance.
Seasoned Carolina Beach vacationers have identified a few tips and tricks over the years when it comes to renting rental properties, however most newcomers will be happy to discover that several "tips" are in plain sight, if you understand where they should look.
Finding and reserving the perfect rental home:
Do you think " @ Ocean Front Guest Friendly Home "The Jewel On The Beach"" is the perfect vacation property for your upcoming visit? Browse through this checklist to ensure it fits all of your needs.
Search Early and Frequently
Carolina Beach rentals start booking early. To ensure the very best choice of rental homes, we recommend searching and reserving your Carolina Beach getaway 6-Twelve months in advance, whenever possible. Holiday gatherings can be a great time for groups to plot their Summer family vacations..
Select a Community and Date
Quite often, the most challenging part of preparing for your vacation is choosing where to go, and when. When the big decisions are resolved, the rest will be simplier and easier.
How Much Vacation rental Do You Need?
How many family members are planning to share your getaway? Be aware that many vacation rentals list maximum guest capacity, which usually includes sofa beds in the family room. You'll need to determine what is most appropriate for the family. Precise descriptions of bedrooms and beds are usually available on the internet. If not, speak to the property manager before you book.
Make a Spending Limit
Make certain " @ Ocean Front Guest Friendly Home "The Jewel On The Beach"" works with your price range *during your desired dates*. Make sure that you get cost-sharing commitments from family and friends well before reserving a pricey rental. Typically, one person in the group will be in charge of making the full reservation and recovering each family member's share.
Let's Talk Amenities
What amenities is the family interested in? Do you just desire a property with a swimming pool, jacuzzi or beach volleyball court? Do you want to be far from the crowds, or close to civilization? Are sheets included with the rental contract, or will you need to bring your own? Make a list of prioritized "needs and wants" from your party to help filter your search to the most suitable rental.
Accessibility and Special Factors to consider
Do members of your crew have specific needs? If wheel chair access, elevators, pool lifts or other specialized devices are required, include that into your search. Most rental listings include a list of amenities.
Don't forget to include your best friend! Dog guidelines are different at each rental property. Study descriptions carefully. Many limitations might eliminate a potential rental home. Study your agreement carefully! Extra charges may apply when pets are included.
Searching the Internet
. Besides Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "Carolina Beach local vacation rentals" for local rental management companies. Aside from having distinctive rental properties, local agencies provide top-notch service..
Negotiate the Price
When you've found your dream rental, double check to make sure your vacation dates are available.
Some rental home owners will negotiate prices, and some won't. If the price isn't negotiable, the number of nights may be. Your easiest opportunity for a reduced rate is shifting to an off-season week.
Study the Contract
Find out which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- WIFI Access
- Long Distance Calls
- Hot Tub Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning Service
- Trash collection
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Key exchange
- Parking requirements
In addition to the normal charge, guests must pay state taxes when renting " @ Ocean Front Guest Friendly Home "The Jewel On The Beach"", along with any other additional fees which might be required depending on their circumstances, including an animal charge, earlier check-in or late check-out fee, or a pool heat fee for private pool usage during the fall or spring months.
If you wish to Cancel
Ensure that you are familiar with the cancellation policy prior to reserving. Many rental home agreements include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance protects the renter against emergency situations and weather events, It gives reassurance should tragedy strike.
Reserve your Rental Home
When everything looks right, it's finally time for you to sign on the dotted line. You will likely be required to submit a security deposit at time of booking.
Get Contact Info
Remember to get the manager's contact telephone number and entry/exit procedures for your vacation property. We suggest keeping the contact's details in your cell phone and wallet.
Congratulations! All that is left is making the most of your visit!
During your Stay
- Take pictures on your arrival. Record the condition of the rental unit right away. If you find wear and tear, or if repairs are needed call the property manager without delay. This will protect against conflicts during checkout.
- Ask questions. You could need guidance for a fireplace, TV or spa. Contact your home manager. They are there to help. A quick phone call prevents many head aches.
- Please remember to respect your nearby neighbors. Natives are likely to be as friendly to you as you are considerate of them. Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking rules can make a trip substantially more relaxing.
- Ask a local. Local people are a fantastic source of advice.
- Be sure to protect the owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the rental home secured when you are away, just like you would at home.
Check Out Time
- Confirm that you've packed everything. Check drawers, bath cupboards and closets.
- As soon as everything is out, do a walk-through of the rental home to make sure no property damage occurred during your remain. We recommend walking through with the rental manager whenever possible (this isn't always the case).. If the property owner is not available, make sure that you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you enjoy yourself? Many rental management companies and rental websites make it easy for renters to provide reviews. If the property and/or property manager was top notch, they will appreciate your compliments. If anything was disagreeable and they failed to fix it in a acceptable manner, or when the rental home was not as described, you should make it a point as part of your critique.
Learn from your Experience
Hold a debrief with your family. Did they enjoy their vacation? Hopefully this guide helped you find a terrific rental unit. If not, you've gained useful experience that can help with another search.
- Calabash Garden Tea Room And Gift Shop - 4.0 miles
- The Oyster Rock - 3.3 miles
- Sugar Shack - 4.7 miles
- Drift - 4.7 miles
- Causeway Gourmet - 4.8 miles
- The Breakers Arcade - 4.8 miles
- Calabash Garden Tea Room And Gift Shop - 4.0 miles
- Sunset Beach Pier - 0.3 miles
- Julie's Rentals - 0.4 miles
- Summertide Adventure Tours - 1.2 miles
- Oyster Bay Golf Links - 1.7 miles
- Sea Trail Plantation - Maples Course - 1.8 miles
- Blue Planet Watersports - 2.9 miles
- Thistle Golf Club & Estates - 3.2 miles
- Calabash Nautical Gifts & St. Nick Nacks - 3.5 miles
- Calabash Garden Tea Room And Gift Shop - 4.0 miles
- Sunset Beach Trading Company - 0.4 miles
- Coral Tree Salon and Day Spa - 3.3 miles
- Callahan's of Calabash - 3.5 miles
- Moon Fairy's - 4.0 miles
- Jewelry By Wendy - 4.0 miles
- Eagles Beachwear - 4.8 miles