- Sunset Beach
- 5 Bedrooms
- 4.5 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Away From It All
- Beach Chairs
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Hair Dryer
- Ice Maker
- Iron & Board
- Lanai / Gazebo
- Lawn / Garden
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Furniture
- Outdoor Grill
- Pantry Items
- Paper Towels
- Pets Not Allowed
- Porch / Veranda
- Satellite / Cable
- Sports & Activities
- Toilet Paper
- Towels Provided
- Video Library
- Washing Machine
- Water Sports Gear
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyYOUR HOST AT YOUR PLEASURE
Gray Dolphin Vacation Rental By Owner ID # 932557
201 West Main St.
Surf Watcher Vacation Rental By Owner ID # 929633
903 West Main St.
Of course you are on the BEACH. We adore to interact with our Guests. I am not on the beach but I am just a phone call away & by text or e-mail. We are committed to make your stay as ideal as possible. If and when needed I have personal assistance available on site.
DIRECTIONS TO SUNSET BEACH
Sunset Beach is located in Southeastern North Carolina. It is the last Island in North Carolina. The island is about 7 miles off of U.S. 17 at Highway 904. Coming from the North turn Left on to 904 (from the South turn Right). Take 904 to the second traffic light (roughly 4 miles from the intersection with U.S. 17). Turn right and follow the signs to Sunset Beach. The bridge onto the island is roughly 2 more miles. At the circle take the Mannon Gore bridge, 1 more mile to Main St.
At Main St. turn right. 201 is on the Left after 28th St. 903 in on the Left after 35th St.
THE BEAUTIFUL BEACH in NORTH CAROLINA
Sunset Beach, formally known as Bald Beach, is the southernmost island in North Carolina. The island was bought in 1955 by Mannon C. Gore from the Brooks family, which dates its ownership back to the 1700's. Mannon Gore, a farmer by trade, possessed vast skills in the bridge building and dredging work. Using these skills, Mr. Gore began his vision of Sunset Beach by designing and building the causeway and the first pontoon swing bridge onto the island. Mr. Gore also constructed the original Vesta Pier on the island named after a civil war blockade runner that now rests buried in the sand beside the present Sunset Beach pier. Unit sales began in 1958 and Sunset Beach has grown in every way since. To aid Mannon Gore, his son Edward M. Gore, Sr. joined the work in the late 1950's. Together they successfully developed and shaped the island into what the island is today. As the marvelous island's beaches grow in size, we continue to maintain the straighforward feeling of yesterdays when times were simpler.
This home was one of the original homes constructed on the West End Oceanfront in 1972. We have had a New & Committed Appreciate for this home. This home is Family neighborly, just right for the number of visitors you may choose to invite & offering all comforts possible.
PEACE & QUITE
Sunset Beach is well known for its Family Amiable environment. I had the comfort to encounter some bicycle riders. They were open about their want to stay on Sunset Beach. ”It’s rather”, they said.
The calming island that is ideal for your hideaway. The island has a few specialty stores where you can appreciate your morning-evening walks, bicycle rides, or excursion on the pier to fish or just adore the Sunsets
YOU GET ALL THIS
Your Family Will Appreciate the Spectacular Sunrises / Sunsets, Priceless Sea Vistas and Sounds that You Will Hear From the Outdoor spaces of This Sunset Beach Holiday Rental. This Sea Front Home Sleeps 14, Non-Smoking, No Animals. Bedrooms Consist of: MBRE: K, SBRE: Q & S, MBRW: Q & S, SBRW: Q, Ground Floor: Q & 2 Bunk beds, 3 - 1/2 Baths. Very High Speed Wireless. The Owners Make Consistent Annual Updates to the Structure, Furnishings, Linens & Conveniences in this Family Neighborly Home. We Pledge to Provide You All the Comforts Possible! All Bedrooms Have Their Own TV's. 2 DVD's, 6 Color TV's, Ceiling Fan in the Great Room. Eight Seat Dining Table, Extra Folding Table With 6 Folding Chairs, 2 Counter Stools. Kitchen Sink is Supplied With a Dedicated Reverse Osmosis Water Filter w/Spout. You Should No Longer Need Water Bottles! Microwave, 4 Slice Toaster, 12 Cup Coffee Maker. New Mats Throughout. 500sf Sea Side Screened In Porch, 4 Rockers, 2 chairs With Matching Side Tables, Breakfast Table with 4 Chairs. Sun Deck, Outside Shower / Foot Rinse. Ground Floor Shower With Hot & Cold Water, New Washer & Dryer on the 1st floor. Cement Ground Floor Parking Area Sand Free. Partial Check-In Is Accepted After 1:30pm (We'll Have a Bedroom, Bathroom, and Kitchen Ready for Your Use By That Time. You Can Drop the Bags and Head to the Beach While We Finish the Cleaning By Our Normal Check-In Time of 3pm). Stunning Vistas of the Atlantic & the Wondrous Sky.
ONE KEY for YOUR NEEDS
One key gets you into all of your needs, the entrance door, the ground floor Bed Room & Bath.
THINGS to BRING
Our home is supplied for normal housekeeping. It is furbished to the owner's taste, so please care for these items as they were your own. Your towels & linen, include bed pads, bedspreads and pillows are supplied. Our home will have starter paper products for your emergency comfort. Cleaning materials; broom, dust pan are supplied for your appreciation. This brief checklist is included in an attempt to assist you with your packing and shopping.
• Laundry Detergent (Supplied in Laundry Room)
• Dish Washing Detergent (Sink Dispenser Supplied)
• Dish Washer Jell Pads (Supplied)
• Dish Towels (Included)
• Disposable One Time Use Food Containers (Included)
• Kitchen Garbage Bags (Included)
• Paper Towels (One Roll Supplied)
• Toilet Paper (One Roll Per Bathroom Supplied)
• Bed Sheets (Included)
• Bath Towels (Supplied)
• Face Cloths (Supplied)
• Bath Soap (Wall Dispenser Supplied in Each Bathroom)
• Body Wash (Wall Dispensers Included in Each Bathroom)
• Shampoo (Wall Dispensers Supplied in Each Bathroom)
• Beach Towels
• Beach Umbrella
• Beach Chairs (Many Supplied in the Guest Storage*)
• Beach Toys (Many Supplied in the Guest Storage*)
• Beach Cart (Included in Guest Storage*)
• Beach Bag
NOTE: * These items can only be guaranteed or replenished if missing at the season's end
If you need to rent linens, please contact one of the following suppliers to rent your linens, towels and/or beach equipment.
Holiday Equipment Units
Calabash Photography Studio.
Set an appointment with Forrest or Suzy King for your family's holiday photo.
BIRD ISLAND COASTAL RESERVE
Located across Mad Inlet from Sunset Beach, this uninhabited barrier island is a outstanding destination for visitors. You can reach it by walking along the oceanfront from the west end of Sunset Beach. The State of NC bought this island in 2002 for conservation uses. The island was reviewed as one of the top 10 most unusual beaches in the world in a travel article in 2012! Visit the Kindred Spirit mailbox and leave a message!
The most first-rate place in town to grab a boat or jet ski for a day is the Sea Isle Fishing Center on neighboring Sea Isle. They offer powered fishing boats, jet skis, kayaks, and even paddle boats to cruise up and down the intercostal waterway.
THE OLD BRIDGE
Go visit it and share its story with the full family on your next holiday.
We have a very active Turtle Season each year. Turtle Talk is held during the summer from June 1st through Labor Day weekend on Sunday nights at 7 pm at our main office on the island-learn more about the turtles that nest here at Sunset Beach. The program is presented by the Sunset Beach Turtle Patrol. (Want to learn more about the turtle program?
WEDNESDAY NIGHT CONCERTS
The Sunset Beach complimentary Concert Series is held between Memorial Day and Labor Day at the Village Park at Oceanside Village. (Look for the gazebo in the modest park across from Fibber's Restaurant on the mainland). This runs 6:30-8:30 each Wednesday (weather permitting).
YOGA ON THE BEACH You have a chance to join in during your summer holiday. Sessions are held M, W & F at 7 am, and Tu, & Th at 7 pm on the beach at the 40th Street boardwalk. Come with a BIG towel and water. There is a fee of $10 per class (cash only). For more information, contact Kelly
This is a state of the art facility located on the mainland in Sunset Beach. It includes a theater for rotating shows about the sky and a science and education center, and a present shop.
Sunset at Sunset Festival
Sunset Beach's favorite event is held annually the first Saturday in October and is the ideal one-day event during the ideal time of year. The community block event has entertainment all day, quality crafts and vendors, and some of the best food you'll find anywhere.
Sea Isle Beach
COASTAL CAROLINA MUSEUM
Located at Sea Isle. Great for the children. Standing exhibits on the beach tides, local animals and fish & the 'touch tank' where children can see and feel some of the creatures of the sea. Watch for special speakers and events that the museum hosts all over the year.
Take a walk on the wild side at Barefoot Landing’s Alligator Adventure in North Myrtle Beach. You’ll not only find alligators hiding in the marshes and swamps, but you’ll be able to see lizards, frogs, and rare feathered friends in a very live environment. Fun and stimulating for the whole family!
Myrtle Beach Pelicans
One of the most favorite local activities around is to watch the Myrtle Beach Pelicans baseball team play ball. The Pelicans, a class A affiliate ball club for the Texas Rangers, plays baseball at Coastal Federal Field (next door to Broadway At The Beach). Come on down for an evening of baseball at this state-of-the-art facility.
Myrtle Waves Water Park
20 acres of water rides and more than 1 million gallons of water forms Myrtle Waves water park, the biggest water park in South Carolina. The park is host to over 30 water soaked rides and attractions. Located just a brief drive down Highway 17, your family will have a whole days worth of fun in the sun.
Myrtle Beach Speedway
- Search for the tourism bureau where you want to vacation. Most tourism bureaus offer guide books with savings for accommodations, dining and attractions. Keep an eye out for these magazines and discount books, because this allows vacationers to take advantage of the very same activities at a often substantial discounted.
- Are you willing to modify your trip dates? Off-season rates are usually a fraction of peak costs.
- Active Duty and veterans of the U.S. Military may be qualified for discount rates. Be sure to check with property manager to see if your travelling group qualifies for a reduced price.
- Some rental properties are practically designed to serve particular vacationers, whether it is downtown units with pier passes, city-center homes with walkable access to restaurants or waterfront homes that feature private windsurfing launching areas. If there's a certain Carolina Beach activity that you love, be on the lookout for rentals that cater especially to you.
- Property management companies and individual home owners often offer their customers an opportunity to obtain trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which usually add anywhere between 1% - 5% of the base stay rate, provides vacationers reimbursement of their rental expenses for any days missed a result of personal health related emergencies or hurricanes, and additionally ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unanticipated motel stay or additional gas.
General Vacation Rental Tricks & Tips
Some people are shocked to discover how many rental properties are located in their area of interest. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of vacation rentals available allows them to find an ideal getaway to fit their Carolina Beach family, from peaceful condominiums to giant event homes with several bedrooms.
The majority of rentals in Carolina Beach are privately operated and many are represented by established local property management companies. Rental owners typically select management companies to facilitate advertising, housekeeping services and routine maintenance.
Below are great tips and suggestions to help you navigate the vacation home search and booking process.
Searching for and reserving the perfect vacation property:
Before you decide to book " @ Ocean Front Guest Friendly Home "An Emerald On The Beach"", review our short checklist of issues to consider.
The Earlier, The Better
Carolina Beach vacation rentals start booking early. To find the best selection, start your planning and search Six-Twelve months in advance of your vacation. Many households plan to begin their search during Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year holiday gatherings.
Pick a Town and Date
Quite often, the most challenging part of planning your vacation is figuring out where to search, and when. After the big decisions are hammered out, the rest will be much easier.
Bedrooms and Bed Sizes Matter
How many relatives are planning to share your getaway? Be mindful that a lot of vacation rentals list maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in the home's living room. It is important to figure out what is suitable for the party. Most rental home listings will outline each one of the unit's specific bedrooms and beds.
Stay on a Budget
Many rental homes are marketed with a cost range. Confirm the cost for your desired stay. It could be at the high end of the range. Ensure that you get cost-sharing commitments from family and friends well before reserving a pricey rental property. One member of your family will have to be in charge of gathering contributions and accepting responsibility for the whole rental cost at time of booking.
What amenities is your group looking for? Do you only desire a home with a swimming pool, jacuzzi or volleyball court? Do you desire to be away from it all, or near a city setting? Are extras like beach chairs, barbecue grills, umbrellas, carts or coolers available and included with your rental rate? Make a list of priority conveniences to help narrow your search.
Elderly family members will thank you for not reserving a stairs-access-only property on the Third floor. Be sure to remember and inquire about wheel chair entry, pool lifts and specialized equipment needs..
Think About 4-Legged Family Members?
Remember to include your pets. Dog guidelines are different at each rental property. Read descriptions carefully. Type of animal, size and breeds could be restricted. Examine your contract carefully! Extra fees may apply when pets are included.
Its Time to Search
. In addition to Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Carolina Beach local rentals" for local property management companies. Local vacation rental management companies pride themselves on a top-quality rental experience.
Negotiate the Price
When you've spotted the rentalhome of your dreams, double check to make sure your trip dates are available.
Some property owners will negotiate rates, and some won't. If the price isn't negotiable, the number of nights may be. Negotiating rates is most effective through the off-season when many rental homes sit empty.
Study The Agreement
Read through the complete contract and make certain you understand who is liable for:
- Power bills
- Telephone service
- Pool Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Key exchange
- Parking Fees
Get a total that incorporates state taxes, pet and other extra fees.
Cancellation policies are different for each vacation rental. You'll likely be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance, which generally costs between 1% - 5% of your base rental home rate, can provide vacationers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental property costs) for any days missed as a consequence of personal health related emergencies or storms, and additionally hurricane evacuation expenses, such as a unanticipated motel stay or extra gas.
Complete the Booking
When everything looks right, it's finally time to sign a rental agreement. Do not forget that most rental contracts will require a substantial rental deposit and/or security deposit to cover the rental owner.
Know Who to Call
Put the rental manager's contact information into your smart phone and wallet for easy access to answers during your stay.
Congratulations! All that is left is enjoying your visit!
During your Stay
- Take pictures on your arrival. Record the condition of the rental property immediately upon arrival. Call the rental manager right away to report your findings. This may prevent disagreements during checkout.
- You may need instructions for a fireplace, TV or jacuzzi. Call your rental manager. They are there to help. A brief phone call avoids many head aches.
- Be considerate of the local community. Natives should be as friendly to you as you are considerate of them. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by visitors next to your primary residence.
- Ask a local. Local residences may point you in the right direction.
- Ensure you protect the rental owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the property locked up when you are away, just like you would at home.
At the end of your stay
- Double-check each space of the vacation property to assure you've packed all belongings.
- When everything is out, do a walk-through of the rental to make certain no property damage occurred in the course of your stay. We suggest walking through with the property manager whenever feasible (this isn't always the case).. If the property owner is not available, make sure you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you enjoy your rental home? Just about all rental management companies and rental websites permit travellers to give feedback. If your property and/or property manager was top notch, they will appreciate your recommendations. If something went wrong, we recommend being pleasant but sincere about your stay. The best property owners and managers will try hard to fix the issue.
Use Your Experience
Hold a vacation recap meeting with your traveling companions. Does everyone want to return next year? If everything was wonderful, next year's family vacation planning is going to be simple and easy. If the rental wasn't quite right, and you will better understand how to improve your search for the next time.
- Calabash Garden Tea Room And Gift Shop - 4.2 miles
- The Oyster Rock - 3.5 miles
- Sugar Shack - 4.4 miles
- Drift - 4.4 miles
- Causeway Gourmet - 4.5 miles
- The Breakers Arcade - 4.5 miles
- Calabash Garden Tea Room And Gift Shop - 4.2 miles
- Sunset Beach Pier - 0.0 miles
- Julie's Rentals - 0.1 miles
- Summertide Adventure Tours - 1.1 miles
- Sea Trail Plantation - Maples Course - 1.7 miles
- Oyster Bay Golf Links - 1.8 miles
- Blue Planet Watersports - 2.6 miles
- Thistle Golf Club & Estates - 3.3 miles
- Calabash Nautical Gifts & St. Nick Nacks - 3.7 miles
- Calabash Garden Tea Room And Gift Shop - 4.2 miles
- Sunset Beach Trading Company - 0.1 miles
- Coral Tree Salon and Day Spa - 3.0 miles
- Callahan's of Calabash - 3.7 miles
- Moon Fairy's - 4.2 miles
- Jewelry By Wendy - 4.2 miles
- Eagles Beachwear - 4.5 miles