- Sunset Beach
- 5 Bedrooms
- 4.5 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Away From It All
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Lanai / Gazebo
- Lawn / Garden
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Grill
- Pantry Items
- Pets Not Allowed
- Satellite / Cable
- Spa Whirlpool
- Sports & Activities
- Towels Provided
- Video Library
- Washing Machine
- Water Sports Gear
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyYOUR HOST AT YOUR PLEASURE
Gray Dolphin Vacation Rental By Owner ID # 932557
201 West Main St.
Surf Watcher Vacation Rental By Owner ID # 929633
903 West Main St.
Of course you are on the BEACH. We adore to interact with our Guests. I am not on the beach but I am just a phone call away & by text or e-mail. We are committed to make your stay as ideal as possible. If and when needed I have personal assistance available on site.
DIRECTIONS TO SUNSET BEACH
Sunset Beach is located in Southeastern North Carolina. It is the last Island in North Carolina. The island is about 7 miles off of U.S. 17 at Highway 904. Coming from the North turn Left on to 904 (from the South turn Right). Take 904 to the second traffic light (roughly 4 miles from the intersection with U.S. 17). Turn right and follow the signs to Sunset Beach. The bridge onto the island is roughly 2 more miles. At the circle take the Mannon Gore bridge, 1 more mile to Main St.
At Main St. turn right. 201 is on the Left after 28th St. 903 in on the Left after 35th St.
THE BEAUTIFUL BEACH in NORTH CAROLINA
Sunset Beach, formally known as Bald Beach, is the southernmost island in North Carolina. The island was bought in 1955 by Mannon C. Gore from the Brooks family, which dates its ownership back to the 1700's. Mannon Gore, a farmer by trade, possessed vast skills in the bridge building and dredging work. Using these skills, Mr. Gore began his vision of Sunset Beach by designing and building the causeway and the first pontoon swing bridge onto the island. Mr. Gore also constructed the original Vesta Pier on the island named after a civil war blockade runner that now rests buried in the sand beside the present Sunset Beach pier. Unit sales began in 1958 and Sunset Beach has grown in every way since. To aid Mannon Gore, his son Edward M. Gore, Sr. joined the work in the late 1950's. Together they successfully developed and shaped the island into what the island is today. As the marvelous island's beaches grow in size, we continue to maintain the simple feeling of yesterdays when times were simpler.
This home was one of the original homes constructed on the West End Oceanfront in 1972. We have had a New & Committed Appreciate for this home. This home is Family chummy, just right for the number of visitors you may choose to invite & offering all comforts possible.
PEACE & QUITE
Sunset Beach is well known for its Family Helpful environment. I had the enjoyment to encounter some bicycle riders. They were open about their want to stay on Sunset Beach. ”It’s rather”, they said.
The calming island that is ideal for your hideaway. The island has a few specialty stores where you can savor your morning-evening walks, bicycle rides, or excursion on the pier to fish or just adore the Sunsets
YOU GET ALL THIS
Your Family Will Appreciate the Spectacular Sunrises / Sunsets, Priceless Sea Vistas and Sounds that You Will Hear From the Outdoor spaces of This Sunset Beach Holiday Rental. This Sea Front Home Sleeps 14, Non-Smoking, No Family Animals. Bedrooms Consist of: MBRE: K, SBRE: Q & S, MBRW: Q & S, SBRW: Q, Ground Floor: Q & 2 Bunk beds, 3 - 1/2 Baths. Very High Speed Wireless. The Owners Make Consistent Annual Updates to the Structure, Furnishings, Linens & Conveniences in this Family Chummy Home. We Pledge to Provide You All the Comforts Possible! All Bedrooms Have Their Own TV's. 2 DVD's, 6 Color TV's, Ceiling Fan in the Great Room. Eight Seat Dining Table, Extra Folding Table With 6 Folding Chairs, 2 Counter Stools. Kitchen Sink is Supplied With a Dedicated Reverse Osmosis Water Filter w/Spout. You Should No Longer Need Water Bottles! Microwave, 4 Slice Toaster, 12 Cup Coffee Maker. New Mats Throughout. 500sf Sea Side Screened In Porch, 4 Rockers, 2 chairs With Matching Side Tables, Breakfast Table with 4 Chairs. Sun Deck, Outside Shower / Foot Rinse. Ground Floor Shower With Hot & Cold Water, New Washer & Dryer on the 1st floor. Cement Ground Floor Parking Area Sand Free. Partial Check-In Is Accepted After 1:30pm (We'll Have a Bedroom, Bathroom, and Kitchen Ready for Your Use By That Time. You Can Drop the Bags and Head to the Beach While We Finish the Cleaning By Our Normal Check-In Time of 3pm). Handsome Vistas of the Atlantic & the Wondrous Sky.
ONE KEY for YOUR NEEDS
One key gets you into all of your needs, the entrance door, the ground floor Bed Room & Bath.
THINGS to BRING
Our home is supplied for normal housekeeping. It is furbished to the owner's taste, so please care for these items as they were your own. Your towels & linen, include bed pads, bedspreads and pillows are included. Our home will have starter paper products for your emergency appreciation. Cleaning materials; broom, dust pan are supplied for your appreciation. This brief checklist is supplied in an attempt to assist you with your packing and shopping.
• Laundry Detergent (Supplied in Laundry Room)
• Dish Washing Detergent (Sink Dispenser Supplied)
• Dish Washer Jell Pads (Supplied)
• Dish Towels (Supplied)
• Disposable One Time Use Food Containers (Included)
• Kitchen Garbage Bags (Supplied)
• Paper Towels (One Roll Supplied)
• Toilet Paper (One Roll Per Bathroom Included)
• Bed Sheets (Supplied)
• Bath Towels (Included)
• Face Cloths (Supplied)
• Bath Soap (Wall Dispenser Supplied in Each Bathroom)
• Body Wash (Wall Dispensers Included in Each Bathroom)
• Shampoo (Wall Dispensers Included in Each Bathroom)
• Beach Towels
• Beach Umbrella
• Beach Chairs (Many Supplied in the Guest Storage*)
• Beach Toys (Many Included in the Guest Storage*)
• Beach Cart (Supplied in Guest Storage*)
• Beach Bag
NOTE: * These items can only be guaranteed or replenished if missing at the season's end
If you need to rent linens, please contact one of the following suppliers to rent your linens, towels and/or beach equipment.
Holiday Equipment Units
Calabash Photography Studio.
Set an appointment with Forrest or Suzy King for your family's holiday photo.
BIRD ISLAND COASTAL RESERVE
Located across Mad Inlet from Sunset Beach, this uninhabited barrier island is a outstanding destination for visitors. You can reach it by walking along the oceanfront from the west end of Sunset Beach. The State of NC bought this island in 2002 for conservation uses. The island was reviewed as one of the top 10 most unusual beaches in the world in a travel article in 2012! Visit the Kindred Spirit mailbox and leave a message!
The most amazing place in town to grab a boat or jet ski for a day is the Sea Isle Fishing Center on neighboring Sea Isle. They offer powered fishing boats, jet skis, kayaks, and even paddle boats to cruise up and down the intercostal waterway.
THE OLD BRIDGE
Go visit it and share its story with the full family on your next holiday.
We have a very active Turtle Season each year. Turtle Talk is held during the summer from June 1st through Labor Day weekend on Sunday nights at 7 pm at our main office on the island-learn more about the turtles that nest here at Sunset Beach. The program is presented by the Sunset Beach Turtle Patrol. (Want to learn more about the turtle program?
WEDNESDAY NIGHT CONCERTS
The Sunset Beach complimentary Concert Series is held between Memorial Day and Labor Day at the Village Park at Oceanside Village. (Look for the gazebo in the modest park across from Fibber's Restaurant on the mainland). This runs 6:30-8:30 each Wednesday (weather permitting).
YOGA ON THE BEACH You have a chance to join in during your summer holiday. Sessions are held M, W & F at 7 am, and Tu, & Th at 7 pm on the beach at the 40th Street boardwalk. Come with a BIG towel and water. There is a fee of $10 per class (cash only). For more information, contact Kelly
This is a state of the art facility located on the mainland in Sunset Beach. It includes a theater for rotating shows about the sky and a science and education center, and a present shop.
Sunset at Sunset Festival
Sunset Beach's favorite event is held annually the first Saturday in October and is the ideal one-day event during the ideal time of year. The community block event has entertainment all day, quality crafts and vendors, and some of the premium food you'll find anywhere.
Sea Isle Beach
COASTAL CAROLINA MUSEUM
Located at Sea Isle. Great for the children. Standing exhibits on the beach tides, local animals and fish & the 'touch tank' where children can see and feel some of the creatures of the sea. Watch for special speakers and events that the museum hosts all over the year.
Take a walk on the wild side at Barefoot Landing’s Alligator Adventure in North Myrtle Beach. You’ll not only find alligators hiding in the marshes and swamps, but you’ll be able to see lizards, frogs, and rare feathered friends in a very live environment. Fun and impressive for the whole family!
Myrtle Beach Pelicans
One of the most favorite local activities around is to watch the Myrtle Beach Pelicans baseball team play ball. The Pelicans, a class A affiliate ball club for the Texas Rangers, plays baseball at Coastal Federal Field (next door to Broadway At The Beach). Come on down for an evening of baseball at this state-of-the-art facility.
Myrtle Waves Water Park
20 acres of water rides and more than 1 million gallons of water forms Myrtle Waves water park, the biggest water park in South Carolina. The park is host to over 30 water soaked rides and attractions. Located just a brief drive down Highway 17, your family will have a whole days worth of fun in the sun.
Myrtle Beach Speedway
Money Saving Rental Tips
- Find the tourism bureau where you want to vacation. Most official tourism bureaus will offer you promotional travel guides with savings for vacation rentals, restaurants and activities. These guides may provide a good start to your vacation rental search.
- Would like to steer clear of the crowds of people? Off-peak rates are usually a fraction of high pricing.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Armed forces may be qualified for discounts. Make sure to confirm with property manager to see if your travelling crew is eligible for a discounted rate.
- Is there a particular activity that you are mainly longing for during your stay? Make sure that you prioritize your proximity to the family activities and points of interest you are most looking forward to.
- Give thought to investing in trip insurance along with your leasing agreement. Trip insurance, which generally will cost you somewhere between 1% - 5% of the base term rate, offers travellers reimbursement of their travel costs for any nights missed as a result of personal health related emergencies or storms, and additionally ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unforeseen hotel room stay or additional fuel.
The Rental Process
First-timers are likely to be shocked at the number and wide variety of daily, weekly and monthly rental properties available in the Carolina Beach area. With such a big selection, vacationers are certain to come across a rental which matches their desires and price range.
The majority of rentals in Carolina Beach are privately operated and many are represented by well-known local rental management agencies. Owners often select management companies to facilitate promoting and marketing, housekeeping services and repairs and maintenance.
We've assembled a brief guide to assist you in getting most from your vacation rental experience.
Finding and booking the best vacation property:
Before you book " @ Ocean Front Guest Friendly Home "An Emerald On The Beach"", review our brief checklist of things to consider.
Search Early and Frequently
Carolina Beach vacation rentals are reserved several months (and up to a year) in advance. To assure the best choice of vacation homes, we suggest searching and booking your Carolina Beach rental Six-12 months before your travel dates, whenever you can. Holiday gatherings are a popular time for families to plot their Summer vacations..
Choose your Area and Vacation Week
Start by determining which particular area of Carolina Beach you'd like to browse, and the choose trip dates.
Choosing an Correctly-Sized Rental home
Keep a list of attendees. How many beds and bedrooms will you need? Try to remember that many homes advertise maximum guest capacity, which usually includes sofa beds in the living room space. You'll need to determine what is most appropriate for the company. Most rental listings will outline each one of the unit's specific bedrooms and beds.
What Are You Willing to Shell out?
Make sure " @ Ocean Front Guest Friendly Home "An Emerald On The Beach"" works with your price range *during your desired week*. Make certain to get cost-sharing commitments from travel companions prior to booking a costly vacation property. A single individual in your company will need to be responsible for collecting repayments and acknowledging responsibility for the whole rental fee at time of booking.
Vacation home Features
What amenities is your group trying to find? Do you primarily desire a home with a pool, spa tub or volleyball court? Would you like to be away from it all, or close to a city setting? Are items like beach chairs, gas grills, beach umbrellas, buggies or coolers available and included in your rental fee? Make a list of priority features to help filter your search.
Suitable accessibility can make or break a visit for the less-mobile. Make sure to remember and ask about wheelchair access, pool lifts and specialized equipment requirements..
Think About Furry Family Members?
Are you or other individuals in the family travelling with a dog? Animals are welcome at many rental properties, but guidelines can vary. Make sure to read agreements and contracts carefully. Fees may apply when animals are added.
The best places to Search
. In addition to Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Carolina Beach local rental properties" for local vacation rental management companies. Local companies frequently have a unique assortment of rental homes daily and weekly.
When you've found your dream rental, make sure your travel dates are available.
Although not true for all rental properties, many property owners and property managers will make a deal on rates. If they are unwilling to budge on a highly-desirable stay, try getting an additional night. The off-season offers your greatest chance to negotiate a reduced rate.
Go Through The Contract
Read the complete agreement and be certain you are aware who is liable for:
- Power bills
- Internet Connectivity
- Phone service
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Daily Cleaning (If Available)
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance policies
- Key exchange
- Parking Space
In addition to the regular rate, visitors must pay local taxes when renting " @ Ocean Front Guest Friendly Home "An Emerald On The Beach"", in addition to various other fees that may be required depending on their circumstances, including an animal charge, early check-in or later check-out fee, or a pool heat fee for private pool usage during the autumn or spring months.
Cancellation policies are different with each property. You'll likely be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance, which commonly costs between 1% - 5% of your standard rental cost, can provide travellers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent vacation property costs) for any days missed a result of personal medical-related emergencies or weather, as well as hurricane evacuation costs, such as a unanticipated motel stay or additional gas.
Book your Rental Home
As soon as you feel you've found "the one", begin the booking process. Keep in mind that most rental contracts require a substantial rental down payment and/or security deposit to cover the rental home owner.
Keep Your Contact's Info
Don't forget to get the property manager's contact telephone number and entry/exit procedures for your rental home. We recommend keeping the contact's information in your cell phone and wallet.
Good job on reserving your vacation home! You're on the right path to a fantastic vacation!
During your Stay
- Record the overall condition of the rental property immediately upon arrival. We also recommend promptly getting in touch with the property manager with a report of any wear and tear, along with your request for any critical repairs. This may protect against disagreements during check out.
- Ask questions. You may need instructions for a fireplace, Television or spa. Call your home manager. They are there to assist. A phone call can save hours of trouble.
- Don't forget to be a good neighbor. Permanent residents usually live within earshot. Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking regulations can make a trip a good deal more pleasurable.
- Ask a local. Locals are a fantastic source of advice.
- Remember to protect the owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the rental locked up when you are away, exactly like you would at home.
At the end of your stay
- Check to make sure you've packed all of your things. Sweep every room in the home for forgotten possessions. Check bath rooms, the garage, kitchen cupboards, backyards, the swimming pool area, and anywhere else your personal property might "hide".
- Make a point to walk through the rental home one final time and look for property damage. If possible, do this walk-out review with the property owner present. If the property manager is not available, remember to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you have a great time? Just about all rental home management companies and rental search sites make it easy for travellers to give feedback. If the vacation rental and/or property manager was excellent, they will likely appreciate your compliments. If something went wrong, we recommend being kind but straightforward with regards to your rental experience. The best owners and managers will try hard to correct the issue.
Learn from your Experience
Hold a debrief with your travel companions. Did they feel about the rental home? We hope this guide steered you to a great vacation rental. If the rental was not quite right, and you'll better recognize how to refine your search for the next time.
- Calabash Garden Tea Room And Gift Shop - 4.2 miles
- Sugar Shack - 4.4 miles
- Drift - 4.4 miles
- Causeway Gourmet - 4.5 miles
- The Breakers Arcade - 4.5 miles
- Calabash Garden Tea Room And Gift Shop - 4.2 miles
- Sunset Beach Pier - 0.0 miles
- Julie's Rentals - 0.1 miles
- Summertide Adventure Tours - 1.1 miles
- Sea Trail Plantation - Maples Course - 1.7 miles
- Oyster Bay Golf Links - 1.8 miles
- Blue Planet Watersports - 2.6 miles
- Thistle Golf Club & Estates - 3.3 miles
- Calabash Nautical Gifts & St. Nick Nacks - 3.7 miles
- Calabash Garden Tea Room And Gift Shop - 4.2 miles
- Sunset Beach Trading Company - 0.1 miles
- Coral Tree Salon and Day Spa - 3.0 miles
- Callahan's of Calabash - 3.7 miles
- Jewelry By Wendy - 4.2 miles
- Moon Fairy's - 4.2 miles
- Eagles Beachwear - 4.5 miles