- 5 Bedrooms
- 4.5 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Beach Chairs
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deadbolt Lock On Entryway
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Emergency Exit Route
- Fire Extinguisher
- First Aid Kit
- Hair Dryer
- Ice Maker
- Iron & Board
- Lawn / Garden
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Furniture
- Outdoor Lighting
- Pantry Items
- Paper Towels
- Pets Not Allowed
- Porch / Veranda
- Satellite / Cable
- Smoke Detectors
- Toilet Paper
- Towels Provided
- Video Library
- Washing Machine
- Water Sports Gear
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
- Wireless Internet
About this Property2000 sf Sea Front Home w/2 Outside showers. 5 Bedrooms, 3 ½ Baths.
YOUR HOST AT YOUR PLEASURE
Gray Dolphin Vacation Rental By Owner ID # 932557
201 West Main St.
Surf Watcher Vacation Rental By Owner ID # 929633
903 West Main St.
Of course, you are on the BEACH. We appreciate to interact with our Guests. I am not on the beach, but I am just a phone call away or by text or e-mail. We are committed to make your stay as pleasurable as possible. When needed I have personal assistance available on site.
DIRECTIONS TO SUNSET BEACH
Sunset Beach is in Southeastern North Carolina. It is the last Island in North Carolina. The island is about 7 miles off U.S. 17 at Highway 904. Coming from the North turn Left on to 904 (from the South turn Right). Take 904 to the second traffic light (roughly 4 miles from the intersection with U.S. 17). Turn right and follow the signs to Sunset Beach. The bridge onto the island is roughly 2 more miles. At the circle take the Mannon Gore bridge, 1 more mile to Main St. Turn right on to West Main St. 201 is on the Left at the corner of 28th St. 903 in on the Left just past 35th St.
THE BEAUTIFUL BEACH in NORTH CAROLINA
Sunset Beach, formally known as Bald Beach, is the southernmost island in North Carolina. The island was bought in 1955 by Mannon C. Gore from the Brooks family, which dates its ownership back to the 1700's. Mannon Gore, a farmer by trade, possessed vast skills in bridge building and dredging work. Using these skills, Mr. Gore began his vision of Sunset Beach by designing and building the causeway and the first pontoon swing bridge onto the island. Mr. Gore also constructed the original Vesta Pier on the island named after a civil war blockade runner that now rests buried in the sand beside the present Sunset Beach pier. Unit sales began in 1958 and Sunset Beach has grown in every way since. To aid Mannon Gore, his son Edward M. Gore, Sr. joined the work in the late 1950's. Together they successfully developed and shaped the island into what the island is today. As the spectacular island's beaches grow, we continue to maintain the smooth feeling of yesteryear’s when times were simpler.
This home was one of the original homes constructed on the West End Oceanfront in 1972. We have had a New & Committed Appreciate for this home. This home is Family amicable, just right for the number of visitors you may choose to invite & offer all amenities possible.
PEACE & QUITE
Sunset Beach is well known for its Family Chummy environment. I had the enjoyment to encounter some bicycle riders. They were open about their want to stay on Sunset Beach. ”It’s rather”, they said.
The calming island that is ideal for your hideaway. The island has a few specialty stores where you can adore your ice cream cone, quart of milk or odds & ends for sandwiches. This is the calm & rather you will treasure the most for your morning-evening walks, bicycle rides, or excursion on the pier to fish or just relish the beach. The Sunsets you will never forget.
YOU GET ALL THIS
Your Family Will Appreciate the Spectacular Sunrises / Sunsets, Priceless Sea Vistas and Sounds that You Will Hear from the Outdoor spaces of This Sunset Beach Holiday Rental. This Sea Front Home Sleeps 14, Non-Smoking, No Animals. Bedrooms Consist of: MBRE: K, SBRE: Q & S, MBRW: Q & S, SBRW: Q, Ground Floor: Q & 2 Bunk beds, 3 - 1/2 Baths. Very High-Speed Wireless. The Owners Make Consistent Annual Updates to the Structure, Furnishings, Linens & Conveniences in this Family Amicable Home. We Pledge to Provide You All the Comforts Possible! All Bedrooms Have Their Own TV's. 2 DVD's, 6 Color TV's, Ceiling Fan in the Great Room. Eight Seat Dining Table, Extra Folding Table With 6 Folding Chairs, 2 Counter Stools. Kitchen Sink is Supplied with a Dedicated Reverse Osmosis Water Filter w/Spout. You Should No Longer Need Water Bottles! Microwave, 4 Slice Toaster, 12 Cup Coffee Maker with Coffee Filters. New Mats Throughout. 500sf Sea Side Screened in Porch, 4 Rockers, 2 Red Chairs with Matching Side Tables & 2 Yellow Chairs with Matching Side Table, Breakfast Table with 4 Chairs. Sun Deck. Ground Floor Outside Shower / Foot Rinse, Ground Floor Shower with Hot & Cold Water. Cement Ground Floor Parking Area Sand Free. New Washer & Dryer on the 1st floor. Partial Check-In, when SCHEDULED, Is Accepted After 1:30pm (We'll Have a Bedroom & Bathroom Ready for Your Use by That Time. You Can Drop the Bags and Head to the Beach While We Finish the Cleaning by Our Normal Check-In Time of 3pm).
ONE KEY for YOUR NEEDS
One key gets you into all your needs, the entrance door, the ground floor Bed Room & Bath. This you will get from the lock box (Code Supplied Before You Arrive). Once you get in Put the Key Back in the Lock Box. You will have 2 identical keys for your comfort to use during your stay.
THINGS to BRING
Our home is supplied for normal housekeeping. It is furbished to the owner's taste, so please care for these items as they were your own. Your towels & linen include bed pads, bedspreads and pillows/pillow cases are supplied. Our home will have starter paper products for your emergency comfort. Cleaning materials; broom, dust pan is supplied for your appreciation. This brief checklist is included to assist you with your packing and shopping.
• Laundry Detergent Pods (Included in Laundry Room)
• Dish Washing Detergent (Sink Disposable Dispenser Supplied)
• Dish Washer Jell Pods (Included)
• Dish Towels (Included)
• Reverse Osmosis Water Filter with Dedicated Spout (Included)
You may no longer need water bottles
• Disposable One Time Use Food Containers (Included*)
• Kitchen Garbage Bags (Included)
• Paper Towels (One Roll Supplied)
• Toilet Paper (One Roll Per Bathroom Supplied)
• Bed Sheets (Supplied)
• Bath Towels (Supplied)
• Face Cloths (Supplied)
• Hand Soap (Disposable Dispenser Supplied in Each Bathroom)
• Body Wash (Wall Dispensers Supplied in Each Bathroom)
• Shampoo (Wall Dispensers Included in Each Bathroom)
• Beach Umbrella (One Supplied in Guest Storage*)
• Beach Chairs (Many Supplied in the Guest Storage*)
• Beach Toys (Many Supplied in the Guest Storage*)
• Beach Cart (One Supplied in Guest Storage*)
NOTE: * These items can only be guaranteed or replenished if missing at the season's end
THINGS NOT PROVIDED
• Beach Towels
• Beach Bag
CALABASH PHOTOGRAPHY STUDIO
Set an appointment with Forrest or Suzy King for your family's holiday photo. We used them for our Family Reunion & they are reasonable & great people.
BIRD ISLAND COASTAL RESERVE
Located across Mad Inlet from Sunset Beach, this uninhabited barrier island is a famed destination for visitors. You can reach it by walking along the oceanfront from the west end of Sunset Beach. The State of NC bought this island in 2002 for conservation uses. The island was reviewed as one of the top 10 most unusual beaches in the world in a travel article in 2012! Visit the Kindred Spirit mailbox. There you can savor reading some of the notes left or take the time to leave a message or your very own special experience!
The choice place in town to grab a boat or jet ski for a day is the Sea Isle Fishing Center on neighboring Sea Isle. They offer powered fishing boats, jet skis, kayaks, and even paddle boats to cruise up and down the intercostal waterway.
THE OLD BRIDGE
Go visit it and share its story with the full family on your next opportunity.
We have a very active Turtle Season each year. Turtle Talk is held during the summer from June 1st through Labor Day weekend on Sunday nights at 7 pm. On the island-learn more about the turtles that nest here at Sunset Beach. The program is presented by the Sunset Beach Turtle Patrol. (Want to learn more about the turtle program?)
WEDNESDAY NIGHT CONCERTS
The Sunset Beach Free Concert Series is held between Memorial Day and Labor Day at the Village Park at Oceanside Village. (Look for the gazebo in the modest park across from Fibber McGee’s on the mainland). This runs 6:30-8:30 each Wednesday (weather permitting).
YOGA ON THE BEACH
You have a chance to join in during your summer holiday. Sessions are held M, W & F at 7 am, and Tu, & Th at 7 pm on the beach at the 40th Street boardwalk. Come with a BIG towel and water. There is a fee of $10 per class (cash only). For more information, contact Kelly
This is a state-of-the-art facility located on the mainland in Sunset Beach. It includes a theater for rotating shows about the sky and a science and education center, and a present shop.
SUNSET AT SUNSET FESTIVAL
Sunset Beach's favorite event is held annually the first Saturday in October and is the ideal one-day event during the ideal time of year. The community block event has entertainment all day, quality crafts and vendors, and some of the most great food you'll find anywhere.
Sea Isle Beach
COASTAL CAROLINA MUSEUM
Located at Sea Isle. Great for the children. Standing exhibits on the beach tides, local animals and fish & the 'touch tank' where children can see and feel some of the creatures of the sea. Watch for special speakers and events that the museum hosts all over the year.
Take a walk on the wild side at Barefoot Landing’s Alligator Adventure in North Myrtle Beach. You’ll not only find alligators hiding in the marshes and swamps, but you’ll be able to see lizards, frogs, and rare feathered friends in a very live environment. Fun and breathtaking for the whole family!
MYRTLE BEACH PELICANS
One of the most favorite local activities around is to watch the Myrtle Beach Pelicans baseball team play ball. The Pelicans, a class A affiliate ball club for the Texas Rangers, plays baseball at Coastal Federal Field (next door to Broadway At the Beach). Come on down for an evening of baseball at this state-of-the-art facility.
MYRTLE WAVES WATER PARK
20 acres of water rides and more than 1 million gallons of water forms Myrtle Waves Water Park, the biggest water park in South Carolina. This park hosts over 30 water-soaked rides.
How to Save Money on Your Rental
- Search for the tourism bureau where you want to vacation. Most tourism bureaus will offer you printed tourism guides with special offers for rental homes, dining and tours. Keep an eye out for these catalogs and coupon books, since this allows travelers to enjoy the same fantastic activities with a typically considerable discounted.
- Are you willing to switch your vacation week? Off-season rates are usually a fraction of top pricing.
- Active Duty and veterans of the U.S. Armed forces may qualify for promotions. Make sure to confirm with property management company to see if your visiting group qualifies for a discounted rate.
- Some homes are particularly suited for specific types of vacationers. Event homes are perfect for weddings, wedding receptions and corporate escapes. Some homes cater to wildlife enthusiasts. Other homes are positioned close to nightlife. You should prioritize your proximity to the activities and sights you are most excited about.
- Think about purchasing trip insurance together with your lease contract. Trip insurance, which usually costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of the basic rental price, offers buyers reimbursement of their trip expenses for any missed as a result of medical related emergencies or weather, in addition to ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, such as an unexpected hotel room stay or extra gasoline. Trip insurance is definitely a bank account-saver if the unforseen happens (heaven forbid!).
General Rental Home Tricks & Tips
Some people are shocked to discover just how many vacation homes are offered in Carolina Beach. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of rentals available makes it possible to find an ideal retreat to accommodate their Carolina Beach gang, from quiet condos to vast event homes with several bedrooms.
Virtually all vacation homes in Carolina Beach are privately operated and many are represented by established local rental management companies. Property management companies leverage scale, equipment and knowledge to provide hassle-free operational administration on behalf of the owner..
Seasoned Carolina Beach vacationers have identified a number of tips and tricks throughout the years with regards to renting rental homes, however many newcomers will be happy to learn that many of these "strategies" are in plain sight, if you understand where they should look.
Where to find and book the perfect vacation rental:
Do you think " @ Ocean Front Guest Friendly Home "An Emerald On The Beach"" is the best vacation property for your next trip? Browse through this guide to make sure it fits all of your needs.
Start Your Search Early
Carolina Beach vacation rentals are reserved many months (and up to a year) in advance. To assure the very best choice of homes, we recommend searching and reserving your Carolina Beach rental home Six-12 months before your travel dates, whenever feasible. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to find and reserve your rental home..
Choose your Town and Travel Week
Consensus can be challenging among close relatives, but once this difficult part is complete everything will start to drop in place.
How Much Rental home Do You Need?
Determine who is traveling, and how many/what particular bedroom configuration you will need. Bear in mind that many rental homes advertise maximum guest capacity, which usually includes sofa beds in the living room space. You will need to determine what is most appropriate for the party. Generally vacation home listings will outline each one of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattresses.
What Are You Willing to Pay?
Make sure that " @ Ocean Front Guest Friendly Home "An Emerald On The Beach"" suits your budget *during your desired week*. If several groups or families are sharing the cost, confirm that each group understands their responsibility and has approved a maximum they are prepared to pay. Most rental contracts call for a single individual to be responsible for the entire reservation.
Rental Home Amenities
What amenities is the group looking for? Is a screened-in porch a necessity? Are you more interested in a natural landscape or nightlife? Are bed linens included with the rental agreement, or will you need to provide your own? Make a list of priority amenities to guide narrow your search.
Special Issues to consider
Occasionally the senior generation has challenges with staircases. Make sure to remember and inquire about wheelchair entry, pool lifts and specialized equipment needs..
Your Puppy Deserves a Vacation, Too
Are you or other people in the family traveling with a pet dog? Pets are welcome at many rental properties, but guidelines can vary. Many constraints may eliminate a potential rental. Be sure to read descriptions and contracts carefully. Additional fees or deposits may be applied to your agreement. Ask questions *before* you book!
Searching the Internet
After the location, dates and attendees are decided, search multiple sources for the greatest vacation rental selection. Besides Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Carolina Beach local rentals" for local rental management companies. Local companies generally have an exclusive collection of vacation rentals daily and weekly.
When you have spotted the rentalhome of your dreams, make sure your travel dates are available.
Although not true for all properties, many rental owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If the rate isn't negotiable, the number of nights might be. Your greatest possibility of a lower rate will be shifting to an off-season week.
Read Through The Contract
You should know which services are included:
- Electric bills
- Internet Connectivity
- Telephone service
- Hot Tub Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning Service
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance policies
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Space
Get a total that incorporates state taxes, pet and other additional fees.
Cancelling your Vacation Property
Cancellation policies vary for each property. You will probably be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance guards the renter against emergencies and weather events, It gives you reassurance should disaster strike.
Book your Rental Property
When everything looks correct, it's finally time for you to sign on the dotted line. Keep in mind that most rental contracts require a significant rental down payment and/or security deposit to safeguard the property owner.
Get Contact Info
Be sure you get the manager's contact phone number and entry/exit procedures for your rental property. We suggest storing the contact's details in your phone and wallet.
Congrats on booking your vacation home! You're on the way to a fantastic vacation!
During your Stay
- Take notes of any problems right after you arrive. We also suggest immediately getting in touch with the rental home manager with a report of any wear and tear, together with your request for any necessary repairs. This will prevent disagreements during check out.
- Ask questions. You might need guidance for a gas fireplace, Television or spa tub. Contact your home manager. They are there to help. A quick phone call prevents many problems.
- Remember to be a good neighbor. More often than not, neighboring residences are filled by permanent locals. Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking restrictions can make a visit considerably more relaxing.
- Ask a local. Local people are a fantastic source of suggestions.
- Enjoy your stay! Ensure you protect the owner (and your things!) by keeping the rental home locked up when you are away, just like you would at home.
- Be certain that you've packed everything. Examine drawers, bath cupboards and cabinets.
- Once everything is out, perform a walk-through of the rental home to make sure no damage occurred during your remain. Whenever possible, do this walk-out inspection with the property manager present. If the property manager is not available, make certain you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you have a blast? Most vacation rental management companies and rental home sites permit renters to give reviews. If your vacation rental and/or property manager was outstanding, they will likely appreciate your recommendations. If anything went wrong, we advise being kind but sincere regarding your stay. The best owners and managers will try very hard to correct the problem.
Use Your Experience
Did they feel about the vacation rental? Hopefully everything was wonderful and you're happy to re-book the same rental for next season. Otherwise, you have acquired useful experience that can help with another search.
- Calabash Garden Tea Room And Gift Shop - 4.2 miles
- The Oyster Rock - 3.5 miles
- Jinks Creek Waterfront Grille - 4.3 miles
- Sugar Shack - 4.4 miles
- Drift - 4.4 miles
- Causeway Gourmet - 4.5 miles
- The Breakers Arcade - 4.5 miles
- Calabash Garden Tea Room And Gift Shop - 4.2 miles
- Sunset Beach Pier - 0.0 miles
- Julie's Rentals - 0.1 miles
- Summertide Adventure Tours - 1.1 miles
- Sea Trail Plantation - Maples Course - 1.7 miles
- Oyster Bay Golf Links - 1.8 miles
- Blue Planet Watersports - 2.6 miles
- Thistle Golf Club & Estates - 3.3 miles
- Calabash Nautical Gifts & St. Nick Nacks - 3.7 miles
- Calabash Garden Tea Room And Gift Shop - 4.2 miles
- Eagles Beachwear - 4.5 miles
- Sunset Beach Trading Company - 0.1 miles
- Coral Tree Salon and Day Spa - 3.0 miles
- Callahan's of Calabash - 3.7 miles
- Moon Fairy's - 4.2 miles
- Jewelry By Wendy - 4.2 miles